Postie

Feb 28, 2009
Cold lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Manny, i'm sure you can help with this. Just where are the best locations when lifting the C6 on the Lifter. I noticed on the pics of Paulo on his C5 that the arms were located quite far underneath. Any chance on your next C6 lift that you can actually show closeup pictures of where the best locations are.
I see that there are some on the rocker panels on the C6 but whats your take on them?

Manny, i'm sure you can help with this. Just where are the best locations when lifting the C6 on the Lifter. I noticed on the pics of Paulo on his C5 that the arms were located quite far underneath. Any chance on your next C6 lift that you can actually show closeup pictures of where the best locations are.
I see that there are some on the rocker panels on the C6 but whats your take on them?

Sure , no problem I will post up a few later today of the Yellow C6 Z06 I have in . The arm's are far under the car, but are only making contact at the shipping slots under he rockers .

This might help in the mean time .
c6-jacking-11b-1.jpg

Thx
[email protected]

You can see they are oval hole cuttouts behind the front wheel and forward of the rear wheels.
Here are a few photos of a car on jack stands and also what the lift location look like if you look under the car.
Some guys use 4 hockey pucks and 4 eye bolts and put in the holes and turn 90deg so they hold, photos below also.
Lifting your C5/C6 Corvette 101: a few tips

On Jack Stands:
onstands.gif

Actual Lift point photo:
hoist.gif

Jack Pads with hoist location:
IMGA0082.JPG

Homemade Jack Pads, $20:
jack-point-pucks.jpg