When I checked it out,they had used self tapping screws that were too long!

My car was a US car and had never had a plate on it.

AHhHHHHHHHH, that is terrible! When my dad purchased his car back in 02, he specifically asked them not to mount the front plate as he would do it later.:D I think he only received 3 ticket in the 4 or 5 years we were required to have them.

thats sucks. Funny cause here you still have the option of getting both plates, it just costs 35 buck more for that useless, ugly, front plate.

T

$35 isn't bad to help cover part of the front of a useless ugly vehicle like my truck, the more I can cover it up, the better it looks....ok, well maybe not anymore since I repainted it and got rid of the rust.

I actually had no idea we could still swing a front plate...one plate for the vehicle, the other to mount on the wall in a frame with pictures!

Just as a Alberta FYI rumour mill kinda thing,,, when I registered my car last year(July) I asked the registry lady how much custom plates were,, she answered the question with this: " I wouldn't recommend buying custom plates at this time because they may be changing the plate design and you might have to re-order and repay when the new design comes out"
That kinda shut the idea down of a custom plate for me,,, I'm too cheap to pay 2X for the same thing.

<Rant time: MOST of the plates are meaningless gobblygook,, and when you ask the owner, he or she gets all offended that their "brilliance" isn't oh so obvious to everyone else in the world,,,
Mine was going to be very simple: 79 L-48. Since last summer I've decided I don't need the extra "attention" of a custom plate. My 79 draws enough stares as it is. OK,, rant over>

I really would love to get a custom plate.... but I don't know if I want my car to be THAT easily identifiable..

These days if you take off too fast at a light you don't want someone to be able to call the cops and say "a yellow vette license plate ISPEED is stunt driving down XXX road". I made sure to get a license plate that I can't even remember.

I really would love to get a custom plate.... but I don't know if I want my car to be THAT easily identifiable..

These days if you take off too fast at a light you don't want someone to be able to call the cops and say "a yellow vette license plate ISPEED is stunt driving down XXX road". I made sure to get a license plate that I can't even remember.

I don't recall your plate at all :rofl:

I had a hard time deciding on mine...it was between 3
NVR LT8
NVRBLT8
AREAZ51 --I picked this one for a few reasons -1) I'm a big UFO fan, so Area 51 came into play and added the Z since I have that option.

I had some creative people giving me other ideas...such as ---- IB6 UB9

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.