Well I finally made it to Cold Lake on a personal visit, not just business for a change so I have a few veeeery late summer pictures to share. Hey! If there is no snow then its still summer in my books! :Biggrin:

These first ones were taken while on route to Cold Lake, in the Boyne Lake region.

IMGP3152 (2).JPG
IMGP3159 (2).JPG

IMGP3150 (2).JPG

And these were taken on the way home, near Myrnam.

IMGP3185 (2).JPG
IMGP3175 (2).JPG
IMGP3172 (2).JPG

Thank you for looking.

:Cheers2:

Well I finally made it to Cold Lake on a personal visit, not just business for a change so I have a few veeeery late summer pictures to share. Hey! If there is no snow then its still summer in my books! :Biggrin:

These first ones were taken while on route to Cold Lake, in the Boyne Lake region.

View attachment 87835View attachment 87836

View attachment 87834

And these were taken on the way home, near Myrnam.

View attachment 87837View attachment 87838View attachment 87839

Thank you for looking.

:Cheers2:
Great pictures, sent them on to son in law and daughter, who spent 6 years in Cold Lake, F 18 pilot and now a Porsche guy, like to send him great corvette pictures, thanks for posting. Traveled there several times, even in February, burrrr!

Reactions: 12cents and Dik
Great pictures, sent them on to son in law and daughter, who spent 6 years in Cold Lake, F 18 pilot and now a Porsche guy, like to send him great corvette pictures, thanks for posting. Traveled there several times, even in February, burrrr!
Hi and thanks, Unionville.

I have travelled rural areas of western Canada and USA for both business and pleasure and I think Cold Lake is a bit of a hidden gem. I attached a couple of pictures; one from the little marina and the other from the north side of the lake. It was a nice night to get out of my B&B and just hang out ....

IMGP2864.JPG

IMGP2830 (2).JPG

Sister and brother-in-law lived in Cold lake for 7 years while he was fixing F-18's. Visited them may times and always liked the Cold Lake area. Great area for fishing too.
My son in law was an f18 pilot from 09 to 2015 and then went to Germany, on assignment. They likely knew each other, Robert Erdeg. As I have said, we liked the trips there, especially in the warm months. February was a little hard on us.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
My son in law was an f18 pilot from 09 to 2015 and then went to Germany, on assignment. They likely knew each other, Robert Erdeg. As I have said, we liked the trips there, especially in the warm months. February was a little hard on us.
Derek Avery. He may have been gone from CFB Cold Lake by 09. Transferred to Borden, then Ottawa, then retired out and works for LS3 MAS/HARRIS Aerospace now.

Derek Avery. He may have been gone from CFB Cold Lake by 09. Transferred to Borden, then Ottawa, then retired out and works for LS3 MAS/HARRIS Aerospace now.
Sounds good, Rob, after Germany, is in Ontario now and flying for Air Canada. I will look up LS3 MAS/HARRIS AEROSPACE. SOUNDS LIKE AN OFFSHOOT OF THE OLD MASSEY HARRIS, impement company.

Sounds good, Rob, after Germany, is in Ontario now and flying for Air Canada. I will look up LS3 MAS/HARRIS AEROSPACE. SOUNDS LIKE AN OFFSHOOT OF THE OLD MASSEY HARRIS, impement company.
I spoke with Rob and he did not know Derek, he does know about the company Derek works for and it is a good one. Great that Derek is working there!

love the car, especilly the colour, thank you for posting, by the way we are cruising daily south of Venice Florida in Englewood, Gulf of Mexico for the next two months and then again in March and April. Glad we had the C6shipped here by transport. Fun times, weather 33to35 daily.
Considering they give the temp in F down there that is pretty cold. LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.