I too have heard the WD-40 for tar but have never tried it. I have not needed anything for bugs yet as I always get it washed right after being on the highway. I am interested to hear what others have to say.

As for engine detailing, I have used Aerospace 303 and a rag on everything. I pressure washed it once but try to not do that often at all. If you spray the engine, I would recommend staying away from the alternator and electrical connectors.

Bit out-of-season, and forum topic slow, but here goes.

I'm a believer in Mequire's NXT liquid wax applied by hand. Worked great on all my Black vehicles. Once a year, that's it! On easy, off easy. Bit of static for dust but sure protects good.

However, anybody got ideas on what I could use for the poly-carb clear (blue actually) removable roof panel? Sent an enquiry off to Mequire's and they never responded. Don't see any GM advice or product offered. Knowing how easy it is to scartch poly, would like a protectant of some kind. Ideas?

Thank you! ZAINO looks exactly like what is needed! Coming from you guys, I will definately give it a try and keep you posted.

Another detailing product product I have used extensively for normal plastic/vinyl/rubber is 303 Aerospace Protectant. I understand they don't use any solvents as is common in some so called UV protectants. Given my experience with it for preserving RV tires, truck vinyl tonneau cover, BBQ covers and stuff, it has really seemd to perform well. Note, it doesn't make a glossy shiny finish for long though, as some like. It is really more for UV resistance to minimize deterioraton. I can see it being great for a convertible top though. Noticed even threads/stitching, as on the tonneau, doesn't degrade with sun exposure.

The company has products for all sorts of applications. I have no experience with anything but the UV protectant though.

303 Products, Inc.: 303 Aerospace Protectant

Bit hard to get here, but is usually available in larger Cdn. RV dealers and Action Van and Truck World. Also, several larger USA-based RV parts/accessories warehouse places have it cheap.

converted to Adams

FORMER zano user. Convered to ADAMS polishes. Fantastic product line. Way more user freindly. Their DETAIL spray and GLASS cleaner are on the must use list

I have used 303 on my truck tires but like others I've found it doesn't last long enough. Never would of thought of using it on engine compartment thanks Riley for good tip.
Kayakers use on almost everything.Try buying at kayak or marine stores as well.

Lots of responses here as to what people use to clean their vettes.... personally, I use a tall skinny 30yr old blond with long legs and skimpy clothing... she comes over at my beck and call and professionally details my vette all the while fanning me as I sit in the shade under an umbrella sipping on a cold mildly alchoholic beverage..... oops... wait a minute.... that was a dream I had last night...... sooooooo... nevermind.....

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.