Nov 20, 2012
st-bruno, quebec, canada
VetteCoins
Car
2012 zr1 centennial
Province
QC
Hi everyone. I would like to replace my high beam and fog lamps with LED. Did someone already did this on there car? Are you happy with the results? What brand did you use?

I want to find something with a similar color as the low beam if possible, not sure I want to install HID replacement kit, I did this on another car but wasn't happy because it take to long to get the high beam

Thanks Stephane

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Stephane and DCT I realize it is a different product but I bought a replacement headlight system from Radio Flyer in Michigan for my C5. I could not have been happier with the results, I can actually see at night now, and I know they make a number of kits for not only C5's but 6 and 7's as well. George is a great guy to work with, solid reputation.

Have a look, there maybe something you just have to have.:Biggrin:

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Lots of products available on the market. Price range is huge so I am wondering if a 49$ kit works or if you better pay 150$ for a kit that need a cooling system? Also I would like to get 4300 ore 5000k, I want them as close as OEM color. I could use HID but the delay for maximum power bothering me. I would like to rely on someone's experience.
Riley, the 5000k on your headlight is for lowbeam or hight?

Both in my case. All 4 lights are bi-xenon lights that use a shutter as a cutoff for low beams. Hitting high beams moves the shutter and allows the light to flood higher up, further down the road.

Reactions: theboss
Amazon.ca have a host of LED's...get the ones that are adjustable (able to rotate light bar) with an allen key for low & highs.
Did my '98 C5 Low & High beams plus back ups...worked great.
Now looking to do the High Beams & Fogs on my C6 in the spring.

I had nothing but problems with diode dynamics, (fogs, reverse lights, interior lights and driving lights) so avoid them all together. Amazon and YouTube reviews are a good resource. Check out vette lights too. Vette Lights

I replaced my Hi-beams and fogs with high output LEDS. They Looked great and were very bright, great for flash-to pass, BUT simply do not illuminate the road at all. The OE reflectors are clearly not designed for LED bulbs.
The fogs, were even worse than the pitiful OEs.
I did however retain the DRL Switchbacks...love those!
They remain amber when driving with headlights off, or signaling, but turn white to match the headlights when those are on.
But...like I said, it 'looked' great...
IMG_E8725.JPG

Just before winter hibernation, I installed 5000k 100w halogen hi-beams...and WOW! They're as bright as above, match the HID lo-beams very well, as well as 100w yellow fog bulbs....for that C6.R ALMS and LeMans GT3 look. And this setup really throws out great illumination.
Some may say the housings may get too hot with these bulbs, but I figure its no worse than the resistors behind LEDs...moreover...I don't cruise around for hours with the hi-beams on.

Couldn't be happier...but unfortunately I didn't take a pic of this last setup and the car is still hibernating

Reactions: RockyPM
Hi everyone. I would like to replace my high beam and fog lamps with LED. Did someone already did this on there car? Are you happy with the results? What brand did you use?

I want to find something with a similar color as the low beam if possible, not sure I want to install HID replacement kit, I did this on another car but wasn't happy because it take to long to get the high beam

Thanks Stephane
I tried to install Low Beams on my C5 but the pop ups remain open and the low beams flicker even when off. Will be putting the original halogens back hopefully everything goes back to normal.

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
I've installed low beam upgrade, high and fogs LED's from Vette lights and they are great!
I’m thinking of making the same upgrade, are you still happy with them? I’m asking because I’ve read other comments about LED’s for high beams weren’t really that great because of the OE reflector?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.