If there is a 2024 Zl1 Manual, I would trade my car in for it.
They are nice cars, but you can't get the power to the road. My friend has one. I've driven it. I prefer my Stingray with less power, but more traction.

They are nice cars, but you can't get the power to the road. My friend has one. I've driven it. I prefer my Stingray with less power, but more traction.
Easy to understand why ... the Camaro SS and ZL1 have a 54/46 weight distribution making the rear end a bit light to put down as much traction as the Stingray. When all is said and done, a Corvette is a Corvette
Driving Drag Race GIF by MotorTrend

Last edited:
Reactions: Murray20c8
Saw my 2019 Grand Sport in the dealer showroom yesterday - fully detailed and all slicked up. It looked so good I had a fleeting desire to buy it back. But just as quickly, I recalled why I traded it for the Camaro 2SS.
Sorry, I can't remember. Do you have your Camaro?

Yes. Here is the story. Took possession on Dec 15 after going to Thetford Mines, QC on Dec 14 to pick it up. Both dealers refused to float it to Orleans due to a history of damage. I did not trust the dealer car jockey to use a break-in protocol, so I went to Thetford Mines (~420kms) with the dealer driver and brought it back using an appropriate break-in driving style as per the owner manual. Now has 850 kms and enjoying it a lot. So much easier for me to get in and out and still has the same joy under the gas pedal. Limited to 4000 rpm for the first 2400 kms. Launch control is disabled until reaching the break-in bogie. I had the QC dealer (Bisson Chev) install Toyo Celsius Sport all weather tires and my dealer (Myers Orleans) transported the factory Eagle F1 tires back. Not planning to install the Eagle run flats in the Spring - they are very hard and at this point in life I enjoy some comforts. The build options are in attachment and a couple of photos taken on the nice day I brought it home. It is not a Corvette but as close as I can get and meet my physical needs while staying in the Chevy family. I plan to add a satin black stinger and cover the A pillars with gloss black wrap come spring. Meantime it is on the road almost every day.

Attachments

• 2024 Camaro window sticker english.pdf
    301.2 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231216_173618699.jpg
    PXL_20231216_173618699.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231216_173743182.jpg
    PXL_20231216_173743182.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.