BANNED
May 3, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
Well,here's the vid I've meant to make for awhile. Heres is my front air dam and what it goes through when I leave the alley. I'm sure glad it's a flexible piece and not rigid.

Brian,you'll want to be sitting down for this one !! I've accepted the fact that this what I have to deal with if I want a Corvette. It hurts everytime but,it is what it is. When I return home and turn into the alley,it doesn't scrape.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
What happens if you go the other way out of the alley? You may be able to take advantage of that guy's driveway to get more angle? I see the neighbor on the other side has those rubber ramps. Those silly drainage curbs are everywhere in Alberta and they cause problems like this everywhere. I can't watch my wife back out of the driveway in the morning because even though I've told her many times and even showed her how to angle the car out and go slow, she scrapes the air dam on the Cadi every time.

Jordan,Murray. I've tried going left out the alley and it's worse. I can't get close enough to the fence on the right as that's where the homeowners of the corner place have their black and blue bins.

As for the piece of plywood,I tried that last summer Murray and it didn't make any difference. My saving grace I suppose is that air dam is flexible. I've looked at it many times and it's still attached all the way across,and tight too. I've learnt to accept it.

Well,here's the vid I've meant to make for awhile. Heres is my front air dam and what it goes through when I leave the alley. I'm sure glad it's a flexible piece and not rigid.

Brian,you'll want to be sitting down for this one !! I've accepted the fact that this what I have to deal with if I want a Corvette. It hurts everytime but,it is what it is. When I return home and turn into the alley,it doesn't scrape.

I get "this video is not available" so not sure what it shows. I have problems backing out of my front drive garage as well, even with the rubber road curbs.

The air dam rubs all the time, even driving on a flat road with shallow and gradual dips it it. I still grit my teeth every time it happens.

I bought a full width air dam replacement set, and to date have only had to replace the drivers side corner. (Somewhat tricky to do because I can't get a ramp or a floor jack under there.)

I get "this video is not available" so not sure what it shows. I have problems backing out of my front drive garage as well, even with the rubber road curbs.

The air dam rubs all the time, even driving on a flat road with shallow and gradual dips it it. I still grit my teeth every time it happens.

I bought a full width air dam replacement set, and to date have only had to replace the drivers side corner. (Somewhat tricky to do because I can't get a ramp or a floor jack under there.)
I deleted it last night Brent. Figured enough had watched it. I'll make another one later this fall.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.