Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
The changed hood came from re-examining this past week’s 2nd teaser video; the revised scoop was because someone suggested that the leaked key fob showed us the actual hood scrape. Interesting how the new diagonal hood valley, so positive for downforce/reduced drag as they channel some of the air around the car, are echoed in this last month’s new McLaren 600 GT and the earlier Ferrari Pista.

90D470AF-1C5B-4022-B57B-D0A6102E501F.jpeg
3859829A-61F7-4F9C-913A-C044CAEF2F50.jpeg
6D3DF40D-8B27-4A0D-B8FE-A5778AD90DC2.jpeg
CCB37AAC-184E-4B8F-B3E9-3393E9B1E111.jpeg

• Clever
Reactions: ddgermann and Nik
Hope the lines aren't too sharp. The Transformer look hurt the Camaro and I'd prefer they leave any trace out of the Vette. I'm not a fan of this particular rendering. The flow of the Pista is what makes it so beautiful--at least this to this forum member's eye! "on with the show....."

Hope the lines aren't too sharp. The Transformer look hurt the Camaro and I'd prefer they leave any trace out of the Vette. I'm not a fan of this particular rendering. The flow of the Pista is what makes it so beautiful--at least this to this forum member's eye! "on with the show....."

You have an interesting viewpoint for sure. I’m actually looking for sharper lines to keep the car from looking anemic. Although I liked the Camaro changes too. So I suppose they will try and bend in a happy medium as I’m certain this debate went on over the design table many times. Looks vs airflow... etc. Translated to “How much money can we get as cheaply as possible?” But that’s to be expected if the car is still priced in our mortal range.
Been wondering about the possible difference in body panels and shapes based on the model like a C7 has...
Soon we see the base version

When we first saw renderings of the ME, especially as they were based on the double-thick black camo outside, many of us thought the C8 would be a reversion to the rounder, softer lines of the C8.

I love the sharper C7’s lines, and am glad, like ddgermann, that the C8 is going to have sharper lines than the C6, and while different than the C7’s totally, there will be IMO just as much ME sharpness as C7 edginess.

You have an interesting viewpoint for sure. I’m actually looking for sharper lines to keep the car from looking anemic. Although I liked the Camaro changes too. So I suppose they will try and bend in a happy medium as I’m certain this debate went on over the design table many times. Looks vs airflow... etc. Translated to “How much money can we get as cheaply as possible?” But that’s to be expected if the car is still priced in our mortal range.
Been wondering about the possible difference in body panels and shapes based on the model like a C7 has...
Soon we see the base version
I get where you are coming from. Lamborghini has done wonders with sharp lines vs Ferrari and they are both stunning. There is a fine line (pun intended) in my view--just hope GM stays on the right side of cheese :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread