Jan 27, 2009
Township of Langley, BC
VetteCoins
Car
1975 coupe/2003 vert
Province
BC
Howdy Car Boys & Girls.
Out here in Langley BC, we had our CRUISE IN weekend this year in Aldergrove, BC.
The Friday nite, 20210910 was back like the olde days. The whole town was overun by cars, cars, more cars and some bikes too. My guess is 1500+ cars came to town to cruise. So much fun. A few burnouts to provide the ambience, and ground shaking engines to up the anti. The downtown streets lined with specatators in chairs as the rolling art went by to the next cruise stop. I’m thinking the Chevron 94 gas pumps wer probably worn out.
my son came to town as well.. and we did Friday night ’til 11PM . So much fun.
The main car show was all day Saturday in the nearby town of Aldergrove. 1100+cars registered. They closed down the main street for a mile ,plus side streets for the display cars. The remainder of the streets were filled with way more show quality stuff. The show had three stages of live music, many food trucks, businesses all involved in having the show at their doorstep. It was a Win-Win for everyone. Thanx to the organizers.
have a peek at a couple of videos. It was ,again, sooo much fun,
plenty of Corvettes too.
Friday Nite..

Saturday show video.

I hope you enjoy the vids…. The car world is alive again out this way..
poeple have been waiting for this show.

take care kids.
graham

Last edited:
In the middle video clip above, at the 7:13 mark is what looks like the 1969 300 Deluxe L78, M21 4 speed Chevelle that we sold to Rick, a Langley resident back in 2012. Looks like it is being well looked after.
SS396 With Uniroyals.JPG

Howdy Car Boys & Girls.
Out here in Langley BC, we had our CRUISE IN weekend this year in Aldergrove, BC.
The Friday nite, 2021910 was back like the olde days. The whole town was overun by cars, cars, more cars and some bikes too. My guess is 1500+ cars came to town to cruise. So much fun. A few burnouts to provide the ambience, and ground shaking engines to up the anti. The downtown streets lined with specatators in chairs as the rolling art went by to the next cruise stop. I’m thinking the Chevron 94 gas pumps wer probably worn out.
The main car show was all day Saturday in the nearby town of Aldergrove. 1100+cars registered. They closed down the main street for a mile ,plus side streets for the display cars. The remainder of the streets were filled with way more show quality stuff. The show had three stages of live music, many food trucks, businesses all involved in having the show at their doorstep. It was a Win-Win for everyone. Thanx to the organizers.
plenty of Corvettes too.
Friday Nite..

Saturday show video.

take care kids.
graham

Looks like a ticket or two may have been handed out as well... lol... Great show and vids Graham. Thanks for posting.

Hey Keith… good catch man.
I remember looking at that car.
Darn, I wish I had figured that out at the time?

It is a nice ride.

Eric… I wish the Police would take more of a active involvement in the Cruise nites.
instead they seem to seem to try and hide and catch the burnout-boys.
I am not an expert on these issues but I believe if they involved themselves with a presence near the entrances /exits of the cruise lots we could all have fun. A couple of times during the nite there was a small burnout leaving the lot and the police shot-out from their hiding spot and nearly caused an accident.
Again, I am not an expert and don’t wish to be in their shoes.
maybe there is someway to not make these evenings as an US vs THEM event.

graham

Howdy Car Boys & Girls.
The Friday nite, 2021910 was back like the olde days. The whole town was overun by cars, cars, more cars and some bikes too. My guess is 1500+ cars came to town to cruise. So much fun. A few burnouts to provide the ambience, and ground shaking engines to up the anti. The downtown streets lined with specatators in chairs as the rolling art went by to the next cruise stop. I’m thinking the Chevron 94 gas pumps wer probably worn out.
plenty of Corvettes too.
Friday Nite..

Saturday show video.

take care kids.
graham

Awesome Graham. I did not know about it - darn. Thanks for sharing with us.:Cheers2:

Reactions: nascar03
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread