The stock cars are fast and can get twitchie (real fast) can't believe how many, want 500-700 HP... bad mix with several beers....

Hahah, Crazy isn't it Carl, but hang around this crowd a little more and DaSilva Motorsports Inc for a while longer and you'll understand.....:D

For me it's somewhat a result of the first horsepower race back in the 50's 60's and early 70's -- when I was a very impressionable teenager.....

After a long and all but hopeless power sabbatical, we find ourselves right back in the thick of it.............tho the pocketbook isn't so enamoured, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!:D

C.

One thing I found out pretty quickly while getting a feel for our car. When these things break loose, they definitely don't want to go in a straight line. The short wheel base doesn't help the straight line either. The Chevelles we had would break loose too but generally went in a straight line as long as you held the steering wheel steady. Elbow on the arm rest and hand on the wheel. I definitely wouldn't be trying to put much power to the ground without slicks, and I would be heading in a straight line when I did.

Mmmm....horsepower..... As already mentioned, these cars are fast in stock form. I really don't think I could handle 500 rwph with my experience... but dang it, that would be fun to try!

Too much HP?

All of my Corvettes over the years, would just squat and GO .. my 66 427-425 (not so much) It had Yokohama radials on 8 inch rallies, and it would sit and spin and move right, then straighten out.. Pull 2nd gear, and it was hard right (God I loved that car) Run along in 1st, with clutch hooked, and it was..squat and GO! ...factory sidepipes pull to 115 in 3rd and pull 4th and still go....go go

Attachments

• 1966 427-425 4 SPEED TEAK WHEEL LEATHER SIDE PIPES 001.jpg
    1966 427-425 4 SPEED TEAK WHEEL LEATHER SIDE PIPES 001.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 5
i never thought of the corvette as having a short wheelbase. i used to drive an 02 jeep tj, that was short, but real fun on ice. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.