Sep 13, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
▶ $ICAMOU$ ◀
Province
BC
$55,888 :thumbs:
Capture.PNG

A decent price for sure. $4k less than comparable advertised price in Red Deer. Car in Looks like a 1LT, basic colour, no NPP, no front camera, no leather upgrade, no nav. If those and a few other options are not important, go fpr it.

Ceramic Grey $995 with NPP ✅

They list it in one place in the specs as 455hp... thats the hp without NPP performance exhaust.. I would check and see which listing is correct ...

Specs and Dimensions
  • Compression ratio: 11.50 to 1
  • Engine horsepower: 455hp @ 6,000RPM
  • Front headroom: 963mm (37.9")
  • Exterior height: 1,240mm (48.8")
  • Curb weight: 1,496kg (3,298lbs)
  • Front shoulder room: 1,402mm (55.2")

The vast majority of Corvettes we sell are 1LT Stingrays. Most people who want a car they're going to drive once a week for 6 months of the year want it to be as inexpensive as possible. Nothing gives you as much bang for your buck!

Looks like Alberta is having an extremely difficult time selling their Corvettes. I'm seriously curious how they're actually doing this without losing money on the car.

My guess: they're jigging the ad by including ALL discounts (which most people are not eligible for a bunch - Student, Canadian Forces, for example), or they're so goddam desperate, they're willing to lose $5,000 to get rid of the car.

I highly doubt the latter is true.

Just did some maths.

MSRP: $72,815

Cash Credit: $7,000
Canadian Forces: $1,000
Student Bonus: $750
Cruze Lease Loyalty: $1,500
Referral Bonus: $750

If you include all of these discounts, it brings the price down to $61,815

Invoice on this car is about $66,800, so that's a spread of $6,000.

Remove gross from the car (what a GM Employee gets) and you're down to $55,800.

So, I feel it's pretty save to say these guys are being super sketchy by advertising their vehicles with all discounts, most of which you are not eligible for.

As for GM Employee, some dealerships do offer this to everyone, but it's very much against the rules. They can lose a lot by doing so. I have heard of some being fined over $500,000 from false Employee deals. It has no effect on the buyer, except it sets them up for shitty deals when they come to buy their next GM product.

Including all possible discounts in advertising... In Ontario, this is very illegal. I don't know what the laws are in Alberta.

Just did some maths.

MSRP: $72,815

Cash Credit: $7,000
Canadian Forces: $1,000
Student Bonus: $750
Cruze Lease Loyalty: $1,500
Referral Bonus: $750

If you include all of these discounts, it brings the price down to $61,815

Invoice on this car is about $66,800, so that's a spread of $6,000.

Remove gross from the car (what a GM Employee gets) and you're down to $55,800.

So, I feel it's pretty save to say these guys are being super sketchy by advertising their vehicles with all discounts, most of which you are not eligible for.

As for GM Employee, some dealerships do offer this to everyone, but it's very much against the rules. They can lose a lot by doing so. I have heard of some being fined over $500,000 from false Employee deals. It has no effect on the buyer, except it sets them up for shitty deals when they come to buy their next GM product.

Including all possible discounts in advertising... In Ontario, this is very illegal. I don't know what the laws are in Alberta.

Fair enough. Doesn't mean a dealership won't do it. I have seen right on their website, a dealership breaking down all the discounts shown in their price, and some on them were manufacturer discounts that weren't eligible to be combined.

Looks like even at 23% off still available. Must be reaally slow in Alberta and end of season. So to move it better they upped price $2k. to $57.8k.

EJ so i see on gm Canada, this month shows same $7k cashback as last month but in another section talks about up to 10% off mrsp for c7. Not that these two are much different for base cars...

Anyways still available for someone....

Capture+_2019-11-04-10-04-07.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread