Hey everyone, as promised on another thread, I committed to providing some more details on the Horsepower for Hope 2020 event(s).

On August 22nd, in Edmonton, there is a "Hit the streets" rally, in support of KWC society. Horsepower for Hope 2020 - Kids with Cancer Society

My wife and I wil be joining on August 22nd and will attend all of the side events until then. We also have just set up a donation page set up, so if you are able to spare a few bucks to support this undeniably worthy cause, that would be very much appreciated.

Please donate here https://kwc.akaraisin.com/ui/h4h2020/participant/6027929?Lang=en-CA&abcId=17821462&TV=1

Take care everyone!
Hey All,

Just bumping back to the top. We really appreciate everyone's interest and support. These kids are so worth it!

Hi All,

The event us this coming Saturday and I wanted to send out a genuine, great big "Thank You" to all of you who donated. Overall, there are 160 cars registered. The initial goal was to raise $60K and so far, the event has raised over $185K! Amazing!
Thank you all again.

I'll be sure to share photos and links.

Hi Morby. I had to wait until i was sure I could attend this event before I could commit, and as it turns out, I am able to come. I tried to register on the site, but it said “registration not available at this time”. Is it too late to register? If so, I shall donate to your page.
Dale.

Understood Dale. I asked my Wife (who knows much better than I) :cool: and she told me that we're at max capacity of 160 cars. Apparently there is a "waiting list", in the event that people can't or don't show up, but I don't know how that works. I'll see if I can dig up anymore on this and let you know.

Hi Morby. I had to wait until i was sure I could attend this event before I could commit, and as it turns out, I am able to come. I tried to register on the site, but it said “registration not available at this time”. Is it too late to register? If so, I shall donate to your page.
Dale.
Hi Dale,

Confirmed. Apparently, the event has a cap of 150 cars, with over 160 registered, so you'd need to go onto a waiting list. Sorry about that, my friend! It would have been spectacular to meet you!

Take care.

Hi Dale,

Confirmed. Apparently, the event has a cap of 150 cars, with over 160 registered, so you'd need to go onto a waiting list. Sorry about that, my friend! It would have been spectacular to meet you!

Take care.

Thanks for the info, Morby. Have a great time at the event and post lots of pictures

Thanks for the info, Morby. Have a great time at the event and post lots of pictures
Hey Dale, no Problem!

P.S. Thanks for your donation as well! Greatly appreciated.

Couple photo's from the other night (Sticker installation)

IMG_0280.jpg
IMG_0345.jpg
IMG_0348.jpg
IMG_0373.jpg
IMG_1469.jpg

Excellent effort indeed. Sounds similar to the Stollerys "Racing for a Cure" event I participated in last year ( cancelled this year). Just curious is there a start or end staging area or route map for folks to see some cars. I had trouble finding these details on the website. Have a fun day. A great cause!!! We did last year.

Last edited:
Excellent effort indeed. Sounds similar to the Stollerys "Racing for a Cure" event I participated in last year ( cancelled this year). Just curious is there a start or end staging area or route map for folks to see some cars. I had trouble finding these details on the website. Have a fun day. A great cause!!! We did last year.

View attachment 43055
Hey Frank, they are pretty quiet on the details. They are keeping it quiet so we don't have an influx of people and then break COVID capacity maximums. An unfortunate signs of the times. My kids are eager to go and see all of the cars too, but we won't see the route details until the start of the event. I'll try to take alot of photo's!

Hey Dale (et all),

Sorry for the late update. Travelled to BC this week, so lots on the go!

The weather was dismal in the morning, but by noon, the rain stopped and later afternoon, the sun came out. The event though, was nothing but sunshine! We're so happy we did this and definitely signing up again next year. The event raised over $263,000. I'm so impressed with our community, and to this specific group who supported the cause! Thank you!

Now for some photos:
Starting line ( but it wasn't a race 😉)
IMG_0397.jpg

My Mrs. And I, doing selfies st the starting line:
IMG_1508.jpg

Team Lambo at the starting line:
IMG_1487.jpg

Stop at Mercedes on the west side (sponsor)
IMG_0407.jpg

Ronin, one of the brave, young angels that we were driving for. I asked him if he wanted to rev it up and without hesitation, he matted it! Was such an honour to bring a smile to his face, under that big mask! 😘
IMG_0404.jpg

Part if the team, from my side mirror:
IMG_0425.jpg

A couple of shots, in front of the company, who I work for. They became sponsors of the event, after I signed up.
IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

Despite the rain, COVID precautions, etc.. it was such an awesome day.

Apologies for the quick note. I'm short on time but wanted to get an update out to you all. Please ask any questions that you have.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread