Gooooood Day Everyone!

**THIS IS NOT GEARED TOWARDS ANYONE**

I've had a couple comments about threads going off-topic so when people were looking for information in threads, they found it a bit frustrating to have to read through conversations that were not about the subject posted.

I can see this as being a bit frustrating, however, myself, I like that the forum is not super strict and there is a bit of freedom here, however, in order to make things easier to find, could we try to keep posts on threads relevant to the topic posted by the original poster? A quick comment or question is ok, but try to bring it back on topic as soon as possible.

Examples:

If reading a thread brings up more questions you can do the following:

Post the question if it relates to topic or is relevant to the topic.
For example, if someone is getting new tires, you can ask about brakes, or if the clutch can handle the new traction but please don't start posting on engine upgrades and clutches in the thread.

If reading about something such as tires reminds you of brakes, you can ask what the OP is running, but if you have general questions about brakes, Please start a new thread. Not only will this keep the OP's thread clean and on topic, but if someone later on is looking for info on brakes, there is a new thread on that topic which would be very useful instead of it being buried in an off-topic thread.

If someone is posting about paint and they just got back from vacation or had a different mod done, ask them, that is fine as long as the thread can get back to on topic. However, if some who did not start the thread just got back from vacation and you want to ask how it went, just send them a PM, or you can ask in a thread they started.

These are just a few things off the top of my head. But if you post something you are not sure of or if you forget, don't stress about it. Just keep these things in mind and enjoy yourself here. That is the biggest thing.

If anyone has questions or comments, please PM me or email me. Don't let things build up until it becomes an issue or you hate being on here. We're pretty easy going and will try to make everyone happy, although stuff happens from time to time.

Thanks!!!!!!

Riley P

I can understand the dichotomy you're in Riley but keeping the conversation going sometimes after the OP's question has been answered is equally contributing to the site also. For one, I appreciate(d) always getting an answer but also the 2 degrees removed discussion that may have ensued. IMHO, an encyclopedia knowledge base is dry and BORRRING. I would PM someone if that's all I wanted.

Just my $.05

I can understand the dichotomy you're in Riley but keeping the conversation going sometimes after the OP's question has been answered is equally contributing to the site also. For one, I appreciate(d) always getting an answer but also the 2 degrees removed discussion that may have ensued. IMHO, an encyclopedia knowledge base is dry and BORRRING. I would PM someone if that's all I wanted.

Just my $.05

:agree: we don't want to become a bunch of stuffy geezers or worse yet, so damn touchie-feelie that you're afraid to make a comment. that being said, i think riley is also right that we all need to excercise a little common sense. riley is in a tough spot, you can't please everyone all the time, yet he manages to do a remarkable job.

Thanks for the support guys and you bring up a good point HLN. And that is exactly where I don't want this to be a hard and fast rule and jump on everyone if they sneeze while typing. Should the OP's original dilemma or question get answered, if it goes onto other conversation, cool, unless the OP want to keep talking about the original issue or has more questions about it. However, I'm pretty sure everyone is good at using their discretion as this forum does display a good level of maturity that I don't always see elsewhere.

I do like some of the conversation as that is part of what gives the community feel here and you do get to know people beyond their "handles". But of course, there is a balance and I think we are pretty good 90% of the time a maintaining that.

Agreed with all the comments folks and add that if there's a problem, then find a way to discuss it reasonably, clearly and in a tone that's palatable.:)D)

Also advisable to discuss these things privately via pm or any other means than on our public forum. Nobody else wants to view dirty laundry, and besides that, it's the polite thing to do.

Having said that mouthful, I know I'm just as bad as anyone when it comes to "going off topic" and the problems it may have caused -- so for those who need it my humble apologies....

Now that this problem is becoming an issue then, yes, it needs to be addressed. I'm wholeheartedly on board.

I would caution also that jokes and frivolity can go sideways in a hurry and that serious thought should be given to participating.........simply because dealing with, and talking with someone, at a keyboard isn't the easiest thing to do and could be taken totally the wrong way........So I, for one, will avoid that now. It's a pity, but that's the way this has evolved.:confused:

I've made no secret of my contact info, even above and beyond our PM system here -- I welcome any comments and suggestions from anybody.
All that I ask is that you tread lightly and be pleasant, and for God's sake get things off your chest if you have an issue; don't let whatever it is fester. -- That's probably the worst thing that could happen.

I remain your humble Moderator (I think-:D) -- and look forward to a continued great relationship with a wonderful group of people.

Roll on Spring, stay warm and safe,

Colin.