Jun 23, 2017
FARNHAM, QC
VetteCoins
Car
STINGRAY 2016
Province
QC
VIDEO AT THE END
Rain came to the 2019 Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway early Sunday morning which caused havoc for a number of teams including Corvette Racing.
Tommy Milner was behind the wheel of the No. 4 Corvette C7.R and coming off the high banks and into Turn 1 when he hit the water that was beginning to puddle there. His momentum caused the C7.R to aquaplane and the car begin to spin and he slid across the concrete apron and crashed the driver’s side of the car into a tire barrier.
Tommy was able to exit the car on his own and was taken to the infield medical facility where he was cleared.
I haven’t seen much coverage of Tommy’s wreck but we did see this new video that appears to be taken from the grandstands. You can hear an audible gasp as the C7.R hits the tire wall.
Meanwhile, crews from No.3 and 4 teams sprung into action to get the damaged C7.R repaired and back out on the track. The repairs to the left side of the C7.R took less than 30 minutes and Marcel Fassler took over the driving duties with less than eight hours to go.

What feeling seeing the tire barrier coming and knowing there not a damn thing to be done about it.
Luckily he’s ok 👍
And bet the guys on the other side of those tires were praying they would hold as well.
It would have been one hell of a mess.
Good thing he broadsided and not a straight on head or rear butt
It took the Corvette team a little bit over a half hour to have the car back out on the track.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Does it appear obvious that they were just keeping the dial in Track Mode :Banghead:
Something like the GM big-shot executive spinning the ZR1 out
on the "tire" warm-up laps :Banghead:

I see marketing genius here for the Ron Fellows Corvette Owners School
with a campaign "Don't let this happen to you" :Biggrin:

... it was a real bummer to watch but that pipe flaring during the #3 pit stop was awesome ... :thumbs:
(hoping I can do a simple upload on here some day from my iPhone recording)

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.