Featured Thread
Yes the last owner warned me about that he suggested backing into parking spots:nailbiting: So far so good.

It’s a good practice for all vintages of corvettes. The aero on the C6 and C7s will not clear any curbs I’ve seen. So ya without the front cameras backing in is the way to go.
Nothing like hearing that crunching sound when you forget. Uggggg

It’s a good practice for all vintages of corvettes. The aero on the C6 and C7s will not clear any curbs I’ve seen. So ya without the front cameras backing in is the way to go.
Nothing like hearing that crunching sound when you forget. Uggggg
And I bet those aero parts aren't cheap! What I am dreading is negotiating my first Ottawa "traffic calming device" (those are honking big speed bumps for those from out of town) I have a dual Magnaflow exhaust pipes that may have about 3 inches clearance at the lowest point.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
And I bet those aero parts aren't cheap! What I am dreading is negotiating my first Ottawa "traffic calming device" (those are honking big speed bumps for those from out of town) I have a dual Magnaflow exhaust pipes that may have about 3 inches clearance at the lowest point.

I found taking these things on a big angle is the way to go. If you cannot avoid them then it has worked for me. People will give you the look as you swing the car to approach them but soon figure it out and move on.

And ya the carbon fibre aero is not cheap. My 17 has not been curbed and with luck will remain that way. 😂

Hi Doug. Welcome to CCF.
Wow that is a dream Corvette for many.
No worries as there are lots of very skilled and knowledgeable guys here that know your vintage of C3 down to the nut and bolt. So ask away and.... ahem... post up some damn pictures man.

Again welcome, don’t be shy and enjoy this place.

Derek
Okay here are some shots I just bought it so I can't take credit for anything.
Engine.jpg
Interior.jpg
Left front.jpg
Left rear.jpg

I found taking these things on a big angle is the way to go. If you cannot avoid them then it has worked for me. People will give you the look as you swing the car to approach them but soon figure it out and move on.

And ya the carbon fibre aero is not cheap. My 17 has not been curbed and with luck will remain that way. 😂
Yes you are the second person that has suggested coming at them from an angle.

Reactions: ddgermann
Okay here are some shots I just bought it so I can't take credit for anything.View attachment 27666View attachment 27667View attachment 27668View attachment 27669

Wow that’s a beautiful car. Very clean. I like that blue as well. The engine bay is tantalizing. 👍
The white interior looks mint too.

Looks like you made a great choice and can just enjoy it without rebuilding anything. Just add a few personal tweaks if you want and you are all set.

Really excellent looking Corvette Doug.

Wow that’s a beautiful car. Very clean. I like that blue as well. The engine bay is tantalizing. 👍
The white interior looks mint too.

Looks like you made a great choice and can just enjoy it without rebuilding anything. Just add a few personal tweaks if you want and you are all set.

Really excellent looking Corvette Doug.
Thanks I appreciate that. Its a good ten footer, it has a few parking lot nibbles, someday I would like to do a repaint with some white Baldwin/Motion stripes. By the way I just checked out your C7 that is one sweet ride, Chevy really got it right with the return of the Stingray.

Last edited:
Reactions: YFCvii and Doug's79
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.