May 2, 2024
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Why wait in line! Here's more information about our newly available 2024 Corvette E-Ray 2LZ.

Here is the build information:

• 2024 CORVETTE E-RAY COUPE 2LZ
  • Exterior: Riptide Blue Metallic
  • Interior: Jet Black
  • Visible Carbon Fibre Wheels
  • Visible Carbon Fibre Ground Effects Package
  • Front Lift Adjustable Height with Memory: Includes automatic headlamp leveling system
  • GT2 Bucket Seats
  • Bright Red-Painted Brake Calipers
  • Stealth Interior Trim Package
  • Seat Belt Color, Tension Blue
  • ZER Performance Package
  • Black Exhaust Tips
  • Carbon Flash Metallic Painted Outside Mirrors
  • Battery Protection Package (12V)
For more information, please message me directly here

Let's go!

processed-E78951B2-6269-477B-A96E-ADA3E7A95366.jpegIMG_2654.jpgIMG_2660.jpgIMG_2661.jpgIMG_2664.jpgIMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

Reactions: Murray20c8
If it were a black convertible I'd be calling, just to find out the 'spread' between owning now, or patiently waiting.
We should be betting on how far over MSRP Jeff is asking.
My guess is $50k.

Yea torch red coupe for me .... but then my current C8 would be very :( .... couldnt do it to her ;)

Had it out this morning before the rain started ... man does that thing launch .. and the engine is just factory ... so fun

Then that is disrespectful to all his potential customers.
OH, Oh. Here we go.

I would assume this was a customer's order, that in turn 'bailed out', for whatever reason.
The Dealership certainly spent time (and money) putting together that deal, only to have it fall apart.
I can understand their desire to recoup those monies, however, that's what deposits are for - keep that.

Yes, I feel that before offering this to the open market, including those on this forum, whatever 'list' is in place at the Dealership should have been offered first 'right-of-refusal'.
Perhaps they all were given that chance, and the spec didn't line up with their 'dream machine'?
At that point, I say the Dealership can ask as much as they want for the car.
If it's too much of a spread over MSRP for anyone, then don't buy it.
Dealerships, like most other businesses, are not a social service.

If an exact match to my 'dream machine' was offered to me, with no wait, but at a premium price, I would weigh my options.
Perhaps it's an age thing, but I do place a value on time as well as money.
You can bitch about the price you have to pay, or bitch about the time it takes in waiting, but I think it's unrealistic to expect an immediate delivery of one of these cars at no additional cost.

you forgot to post the price

Somehow dont think it was a memory lap

If it were a black convertible I'd be calling, just to find out the 'spread' between owning now, or patiently waiting.
We should be betting on how far over MSRP Jeff is asking.
My guess is $50k.

OH, Oh. Here we go.

I would assume this was a customer's order, that in turn 'bailed out', for whatever reason.
The Dealership certainly spent time (and money) putting together that deal, only to have it fall apart.
I can understand their desire to recoup those monies, however, that's what deposits are for - keep that.

Yes, I feel that before offering this to the open market, including those on this forum, whatever 'list' is in place at the Dealership should have been offered first 'right-of-refusal'.
Perhaps they all were given that chance, and the spec didn't line up with their 'dream machine'?

If an exact match to my 'dream machine' was offered to me, with no wait, but at a premium price, I would weigh my options.
You can bitch about the price you have to pay, or bitch about the time it takes in waiting, but I think it's unrealistic to expect an immediate delivery of one of these cars at no additional cost.
OH, Oh. Here we go.

Can I just say something? Honestly, I’m not sure if it’s the five double espressos talking, but I absolutely love the fact that it doesn’t matter whether you have an old, rotted-out C3 inherited from your favorite uncle or a brand new '24 Z06 with the Z07 package—the love for this car is unlike any other vehicle I’ve sold or worked with. From the bottom of my heart, much love to everyone. I really appreciate how much effort everyone puts in here to uncover information or track which dealership got what. It just shows that the passion for this particular car is insane.

And I appreciate you all for it. If you didn’t love our car, I wouldn’t have a job, and being able to chat with all of you here and in person really gives me a job I can't believe I get to do. So from the bottom of my heart, which is deep inside my body... thank you. Now, back to it!

Let me just say that I had inquired about the SWG Z06 that gunslingre ultimately purchased (nice ride). For me to get that car I would have to give up my C7 ZR1. It is listed FS and no it's not going to be sold for a song and I also don't expect a dealership to do the same for a new car if they can get as much coinage as possible. If my ZR1 doesn't sell it doesn't matter to me, that car is just killer to drive and I'll just keep it and enjoy.

With respect to MSRP, yes gone are the old days where you can go in and haggle for price and get a discount on a new car either sitting on the lot or factory order. For me personally I would not want to pay MSRP on any new car that I might purchase down the road but that scenario is probably fading away fast. Post covid a car you buy for MSRP is probably the best you are going to get.

These cars are up there in price, they aren't $40k, $50, even $60k cars anymore. I balked when in 2006 a new C6 Z06 was $100k but got a job that allowed me to get one in 2008 and 9, GT500 and eventually the ZR1, all of these cars (bought new) were not at MSRP but below (1 was above). Basically if you can and you want the car stop wasting the dealer's time and your time waiting and get your ducks in a row and get one. These people that got on the list then got called to spec out the car and lay down the deposit then cancels because of whatever reason (personal or financial) probably shouldn't even be thinking of getting a car like a Z06 or E-ray. They are pushing $200k cars...............you should know at the time you got on a list or whatever whether you can swing it or not barring any personal and financial things that "might" pop up while you are waiting.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
OH, Oh. Here we go.

I think you misunderstood me. I have no beef with the price at MSRP or over MSRP. My problem is that they know what they want for the car, yet price is not posted regardless of what it is.

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood me. I have no beef with the price at MSRP or over MSRP. My problem is that they know what they want for the car, yet price is not posted regardless of what it is.
Yes, they could (and should) post the price.
An explanation as to how this E-Ray happens to be available would also be of interest.
I'm not sure why the secrecy.

The E-Ray has a price of $200,892.52 That's $23,738.52 over MSRP. The over MSRP includes $499 admin fee, another $409 for some mandatory package and tire duty, OMVIC and $85 for gas. So that $22K and change over sticker. All Taxes are extra.

Reactions: DenisC8
The E-Ray has a price of $200,892.52 That's $23,738.52 over MSRP. The over MSRP includes $499 admin fee, another $409 for some mandatory package and tire duty, OMVIC and $85 for gas. So that $22K and change over sticker. All Taxes are extra.
Yes, it's a lot of money, but still.....
I'm assuming this is the window sticker for this unit.
Nice car, if you are wanting a coupe in Riptide Blue.
Were it my 'build', I'd be chalking up the premium to supply and demand and enjoying the Summer in my new E-Ray.

Attachments

• 1G1YL2D45R5500280.pdf
    689.6 KB · Views: 0
Yes, it's a lot of money, but still.....
I'm assuming this is the window sticker for this unit.
Nice car, if you are wanting a coupe in Riptide Blue.
Were it my 'build', I'd be chalking up the premium to supply and demand and enjoying the Summer in my new E-Ray.
Yes, that is it and the original price that I referred to. I thought OMVIC protected pricing on new cars in Ontario but it appears they don't.
It turns out, dealerships can add fees and other markups thanks to a loophole. Like many regulators, the OMVIC, under the province's Motor Vehicle Dealers Act, only has jurisdiction over advertised, total prices; which must include any extra fees, additional products or services.
E-Ray's scarcity will draw a premium right now. The dealerships price will cost the new owner an additional $5400 in luxury and HST as well making the markup close to an additional 30K. It's true the membership on here has a deep passion for the car and that's why they're here, but the number one thing that the members look for is the truth. When they ask a question they want an honest answer and I don't feel that it's to much to ask!

How is that car only costing the potential new owner $5400 in luxury and HST tax?

Forget the $892.52 for now to keep the #'s simple. MSRP is $177k and change, dealer markup is $23k making it $200k. Luxury tax is 10% of the total selling price of the car or 20% of the amount over $100k. In this case both works out to $20k so selling price is $220k + HST $28600 so total selling price is $248,600 to drive the car home.

edit: Ok, after reading Scott's post again I figured it out I didn't take in the additional part of the amount that he had posted I just thought he meant the car with the markup is only adding $5400 to the car in Lux and HST. He is right. That's a hell of a markup it's also another small car you can buy as a daily. Really super tough right now to buy a new car in these price ranges.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vettenut
Yes, that is it and the original price that I referred to. I thought OMVIC protected pricing on new cars in Ontario but it appears they don't.
It turns out, dealerships can add fees and other markups thanks to a loophole. Like many regulators, the OMVIC, under the province's Motor Vehicle Dealers Act, only has jurisdiction over advertised, total prices; which must include any extra fees, additional products or services.
E-Ray's scarcity will draw a premium right now. The dealerships price will cost the new owner an additional $5400 in luxury and HST as well making the markup close to an additional 30K. It's true the membership on here has a deep passion for the car and that's why they're here, but the number one thing that the members look for is the truth. When they ask a question they want an honest answer and I don't feel that it's to much to ask!
How is that car only costing the potential new owner $5400 in luxury and HST tax?

Forget the $892.52 for now to keep the #'s simple. MSRP is $177k and change, dealer markup is $23k making it $200k. Luxury tax is 10% of the total selling price of the car or 20% of the amount over $100k. In this case both works out to $20k so selling price is $220k + HST $28600 so total selling price is $248,600 to drive the car home.

edit: Ok, after reading Scott's post again I figured it out I didn't take in the additional part of the amount that he had posted I just thought he meant the car with the markup is only adding $5400 to the car in Lux and HST. He is right. That's a hell of a markup it's also another small car you can buy as a daily. Really super tough right now to buy a new car in these price ranges.

Some or all may be aware of this but heres a great resource for those that dont want to mess with a calculator ....

canadacartax.ca/calculator

Bump of 5400 in taxes on the " mark up " ....... :ROFL:

Users who are viewing this thread