20231102_162140_HDR.jpg

Nice to see somebody out there is actually using their car.
We just passed 20K, does that count?
My wife, Dianne, drives it 3 days a week and I use it when I can for Hockey or trips to the Hardware store etc.
BTW, we are both retired.

• Clever
Reactions: DW Ruby and MKC8
We just passed 20K, does that count?
My wife, Dianne, drives it 3 days a week and I use it when I can for Hockey or trips to the Hardware store etc.
BTW, we are both retired.
Absolutely - every km counts.
I like the fact that your Wife drives it as well.
Mine has yet to, but keeps promising "soon".
It's not that she can't drive, but I think it sits too low to the ground for her to be comfortable (She drives either our E-53 Mercedes or the Caddy XT5 SUV).
Either that, or it's easier to have me take her wherever she needs to go. Hmmmmm?
BTW, I'm of that 'appropriate' age for retirement, but I'm not quite sure what I would do if I wasn't 'plugging away' - so I work.

Reactions: MKC8
BTW, I'm of that 'appropriate' age for retirement, but I'm not quite sure what I would do if I wasn't 'plugging away' - so I work.
That's what I always thought until I was ... nudged ... out. Now it just feels like an extended vacation!
I used to love work. Even kept working once I got home. Now I do what I want, when I (am told to) want to

Absolutely - every km counts.
I like the fact that your Wife drives it as well.
Mine has yet to, but keeps promising "soon".
It's not that she can't drive, but I think it sits too low to the ground for her to be comfortable (She drives either our E-53 Mercedes or the Caddy XT5 SUV).
Either that, or it's easier to have me take her wherever she needs to go. Hmmmmm?
I bought my wife a Senior's Subsidized Bus Pass...

She has backed into my snow blower 3 times this week. Think I want her driving my car? I'm also on a fixed income...
This just raises so many questions:
Were you operating the snow blower at the time?
Along with above, did she have to drive in reverse for 1/4 mile just to catch you?
Is this at all tied in with the bus pass, which I sense was only offered as a gift from the heart, but perhaps perceived wrongly?
Is there a conflict between how she sees your "fixed income" as compared with your life insurance payout?

The 300km trip at 45.5 speed (assuming average) and 13.7 fuel economy has me wondering. Is this close to being the Normal for a C8? I just did a 12000km aggressive x-country summer in my “not-c8” with an average of 88kph and 9.2. It has my attention for planning on doing these annual trips in a new c8. 💸? Just curious …
IMG_1719.jpeg

Last edited:
This just raises so many questions:
Were you operating the snow blower at the time?
Along with above, did she have to drive in reverse for 1/4 mile just to catch you?
Is this at all tied in with the bus pass, which I sense was only offered as a gift from the heart, but perhaps perceived wrongly?
Is there a conflict between how she sees your "fixed income" as compared with your life insurance payout?

The Canadian Armed Forces called, they request that the soldier's fighting in your head report back to base...

Reactions: DW Ruby and MKC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread