Sargon

Casual User
Feb 3, 2015
Markham
VetteCoins
Car
'15 z51 2LT 7M
My journey was completed today when I took possession of my 1st Corvette today. The pursuit of a Corvette started when I saw my 1st Corvette in the 70's and achieved today. The order was placed on Oct '14, received TPW of Mar 9 in Feb, car arrived Tues. and took possession today. It's in the garage and anxiously waiting for sun and warmer temperatures to finally arrive so I can drive it. Planning on covering the whole front end in Xpel-Ultimate hood/fenders/bumper/mirrors/door handle.

Any thoughts on preparing the car prior to the installation?

2015 Stingray w/z51
M7
Torch red/adrenaline red
Black rims/calipers
Mag
TR - Couldn't get the PR due to Constraint

2015 Stingray z51 - 002.jpg

2015 Stingray z51 - 036.jpg

2015 Stingray z51 - 005.jpg

2015 Stingray z51 - 039.jpg

Last edited:
A friend used to say that all Corvettes were red and stick shift. Everything else was an assembly line mistake. The car looks great. Stainsy on here is having day trips from his motel at Clinton on the May 15 weekend. You should join us. It's a great opportunity to put faces to names.....and see some new Corvettes at the same time.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Looks like the same experience I had today. I got to unwrap my first vette today after dreaming of one since the 70's. I may need one of my kids to help with the nav system!

Congrats! Very nice. I was talking with an installer several months ago and he recommended letting the paint "cure" for about 3 months. I don't think cure is the correct term but it made sense to me. I only used a detail spray on my C7 for the first few months. Now I have 3 coats of liquid glass on the car. Just my $0.02

My journey was completed today when I took possession of my 1st Corvette today. The pursuit of a Corvette started when I saw my 1st Corvette in the 70's and achieved today. The order was placed on Oct '14, received TPW of Mar 9 in Feb, car arrived Tues. and took possession today. It's in the garage and anxiously waiting for sun and warmer temperatures to finally arrive so I can drive it. Planning on covering the whole front end in Xpel-Ultimate hood/fenders/bumper/mirrors/door handle.

2015 Stingray w/z51
M7
Torch red/adrenaline red
Black rims/calipers
Mag

Congrats!

First thing I did with my Z51 was order and install the larger splash guards front and back. Those tires are VERY sticky and throw up a lot of road debris, so the larger guards help.

I'm considering adding on Xpel also. It's pricey but I've already got a small chip up front that the xpel would have handled. Let me know if you find anyone out in the east end and what they are quoting. I found 2 installers out here in the west end, and not to wrap whole car but front end, rockers and doors looks to be about 2500.

Good stuff, how many of us drooled over 'Vettes as a teenager.

Don't worry about covering the paint, paint applied in the factory is fully cured by time you receive the vehicle.

I put the OEM mud flaps on and had the rockers , front bumper , front of the mirrors done with 3M paint protection film , as well had the window tint added, all done in the first week. Glad I did as those tires do throw up a lot of dirt. Paint protection makes cleaning bugs off very easy.

Last edited:
Nice car. I have the 3M on the front, mirrors and door sills. The dirt does get into the door sills. Installed zero 7 rockers over the winter so I hope they help keep out the dirt.

Congrats! Did you get it from Markville Chev?

2015 Stingray w/z51
M7
Torch red/adrenaline red
Black rims/calipers
Mag

View attachment 1697

View attachment 1698

View attachment 1699

View attachment 1700

Congrats! Did you get it from Markville Chev?

Yes, bought it from Mike Treacy, read you also bought your 2014 from them. They were only allocated 2 per year, was told that the dealer's owner took the 2014 z51 A6 3lt and returned it when their 2015 z51 convertible M7 3lt came in. The 2014 is in the showroom.

Have you taken your Vette for service there?

Xpel Ultima

Congrats!

First thing I did with my Z51 was order and install the larger splash guards front and back. Those tires are VERY sticky and throw up a lot of road debris, so the larger guards help.

I'm considering adding on Xpel also. It's pricey but I've already got a small chip up front that the xpel would have handled. Let me know if you find anyone out in the east end and what they are quoting. I found 2 installers out here in the west end, and not to wrap whole car but front end, rockers and doors looks to be about 2500.

Where did you order the larger splash guards? Many also mentioned the tires throwing up road debris, especially on the rears.

Only was able to find 3 dealers in Mississauga and the quotes coming back are between 1500 and 2000. Requested a quote from all 3 via email late Friday. Just received Marco's of Advanced Automotive Films, read on the forum they do a good job.

Advanced Automotive Films

"Thank you for your email. I have listed coverage options and pricing for your vehicle:

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe
Complete Headlights - $120
Partial Hood & Fender(Extended 24") - $435
Complete Hood - $565
Complete Front Fenders - $750
Complete Front Bumper - $495
Complete Doors - $595
Complete Rockers - $395
Door Cups - $100"

A friend used to say that all Corvettes were red and stick shift. Everything else was an assembly line mistake. The car looks great. Stainsy on here is having day trips from his motel at Clinton on the May 15 weekend. You should join us. It's a great opportunity to put faces to names.....and see some new Corvettes at the same time.

Would like that, I'll assume that Stainey will provide post details as the date approaches.

Thank you for posting the quote.... when I drove by their shop... 3M was advertised on the front. (Nobody there on Sat's?).
Would you be kind enough to get him to quote on the mirrors...and can you clarify that this is the Expel Ultimate and not the 3M product that he is quoting. With thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread