Nov 5, 2017
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
1999 C5 Coupe, 6 spd
Just wondering how important it is to install a set of Lift Pads/Pucks on my C5.
Based on horror stories I've read, I'm almost afraid to let anyone else jack up my car (tires, etc).
Are they easy to install?

Hey Ron. Have a read through this post. Instructions on how to make your own as well. Some guys leave the aftermarkets in and some just keep them in the car. Easy to put in and easy to make. Have heard stories of them falling out if left installed all the time .... C5 is the same

Jacking up a C7

Reactions: ron6468
Ron, hockey pucks with eye bolt fasteners. NASCAR 03 (Graham) has some great pics of them. Cheap and they work. I would never install anything permanently , just something else to catch and damage the bottom of your car. Make up a bunch keep them in the garage and the trunk.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
556EEBC0-B0FC-4743-B431-7EFB187DF021.jpeg
Ron.. you can make your own from hockey pucks and carry them in the car.
I don’t recommend leaving them installed...

Graham

Hey Ron. Have a read through this post. Instructions on how to make your own as well. Some guys leave the aftermarkets in and some just keep them in the car. Easy to put in and easy to make. Have heard stories of them falling out if left installed all the time .... C5 is the same

Jacking up a C7

Ron, hockey pucks with eye bolt fasteners. NASCAR 03 (Graham) has some great pics of them. Cheap and they work. I would never install anything permanently , just something else to catch and damage the bottom of your car. Make up a bunch keep them in the garage and the trunk.

Ron.. you can make your own from hockey pucks and carry them in the car.
I don’t recommend leaving them installed...

Graham

Cmon guys. That took us a few minutes to almost simultaneously answer Ron's question.... Let's see if we can be more efficient and trim that time down into seconds.... ;)

Wow - I'm sure the answers came through before I even finished the question - LOL
Hockey pucks - love it!
I've seen the overpriced aftermarket gadgets but do I really need them or anything at all?
Did GM design the Corvette so fragile that it breaks if not jacked up in exactly the right spot?

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
C5 rockers are really prone to damage from improper lifting of the car. They are both expensive and difficult to repair/replace. Hockey pucks are cheap as long as you don't get the ones with the Leaf logo. Those are silly expensive and work no better than say Edmonton pucks.

Last edited:
Ron... the rocker panels roll under the frame on the sides of the car..
There is a small notch we’re the pucks fit to jack-up the car.
If you don’t use the puck(spacer) then you stand a chance of cracking the ‘glas rockers
Look under the side of your car, just behind the front wheel and ahead of the rear, and you will see what we are talking about.
There are hold-down slots there that the eyelets of the picks fit into.

Graham

I feel I have to stick up for the stupid priced store bought jacking pucks. Sure hockey pucks are a lot cheaper. But I really like my red anodized aluminum ones. They kinda go with the red car. When installed they look like part of the vehicle. I feel I need to have a devil make care attitude about a hundred dollars here or there when it comes to Vette parts. My soon to be ordered Borla Sport Cat Backs are really stupid money. I would definitely use hockey pucks instead if they would work. Just like all through my Harley days, and now Corvette days, I complain about the inflated prices and buy the stuff anyway.

I feel I have to stick up for the stupid priced store bought jacking pucks. Sure hockey pucks are a lot cheaper. But I really like my red anodized aluminum ones. They kinda go with the red car. When installed they look like part of the vehicle. I feel I need to have a devil make care attitude about a hundred dollars here or there when it comes to Vette parts. My soon to be ordered Borla Sport Cat Backs are really stupid money. I would definitely use hockey pucks instead if they would work. Just like all through my Harley days, and now Corvette days, I complain about the inflated prices and buy the stuff anyway.
Kinda like what the price of gas is going to be this summer. We can bitch and complain all we want but,we need it.

Reactions: Bixter44
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.