This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Jack stand location c4

Jul 14, 2011
Comox, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Stingray HTC
Province
BC
Does anyone have a good location of where to locate jack stands on the rear of a c4? I have a convertible so it has a cross brace underneath for strength. The front is no problem to place stands but the rear of the car is more difficult at least to me. Can someone tell me where the best spot is to put the stands? A picture would be great. I am going to be installing a short shifter before the spring on my c4 and I want it up on all 4 corners so it is easier to work underneath.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russ... I googled this just for fun.
Boy is this a controversial subject?
I even found this statement on one site:
1)* Caution:* GM did not design the C4 for home maintenance.* There are no GM recommended jacking points for a C4 other than those that require a single or dual post lift.
I don't believe that to be true.

If I were you I would use the info in an official GM manual.
There is some questionable suggestions out there on the web.
My C3 & C5 manuals are quite specific to proper jacking, lifting, blocking points.
Sorry I don't have a C4 manual.
The manuals are an invaluable tool for a GM car owner.
The big challenge often is that the prefered jacking point is the same place you want to put the jack-stand!!
I prefer to use some good ramps and have the car sitting on its wheels when i'm under it.
Be safe.
Graham

Rusmac, I always place jackstands under suspension components. With the C4, I jack it using TWO trolley jacks at the same time under the jacking points. Still does not give much room under the car to do work, but it can be done.

I agree with Range. I always use two trolley Jacks and I lift the front up a bit, then put two jack stands, then I move the two Jacks further to the rear of the rocker panels and Jack them up together. Add another two stands to the rear and then back to the front to lift some more.... I just keep going back and forth a little at a time until the car is almost two feet in the air and level. It's a pain and usually takes about half an hour but hey, what can ya do. Small price to pay to have an awesome car!

That sounds like good advice. I was thinking of getting another set of jack stands and doing something similar. Patience is the key.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What W88 explained is exactly how I do it....Takes a little time, but it is safe. If there is a better way, I am all ears. There is a wedge T type block that can fit between the exhaust that will allow you to jack up using the center differential as a jacking point. Never seen it though.

Like Range I have heard of this adaptor also, but never used one: seems like a simple idea that may work Check it out here:

Here's an adapter I made myself. It sits in my jack. That groove up top receives the frame.

[/URL][/IMG]