Featured Thread
Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
BC
It has been almost a full 5 months since I last posted on this forum, and, in a couple of weeks it will be 2 years since I joined..... Over those two years I have met a lot of nice people, been on some nice Vette cruises and have had good discussions and debates with fellow CCF members. But, sadly, over those two years I have had 4 immediate family members pass away. The latest, on July 29th, at 35 years of age, my oldest son Franco. Franco also had a passion for fast cars, motorcycles, and snowmobiles. On many weekends (he was a Ford guy) he would launch his 1050h.p. Mustang at Mission speedway and his grin said it all. He was a great young man and an even a better son.... As we are just a couple of weeks away from Xmas, the timing of this (sad) posting may seem a bit odd, but it is exactly why I decided to post, because Franco enjoyed Christmas. Im sure that at some point in time we have all either said or been told that "life is short". I personally thought and perhaps still think that its an over used cliche..... but, at the end of the day, that cliche sure packs a hard wallop. As such, I hope that we all continue to follow our passions, continue to share our stories, our differences, and (cliche or not) hold our friends and family close to us. So, in memory of a fellow car enthusiast, and my family to yours, I wish you all a fun and safe Holiday Season.

Very sorry for your family's loss Paul. I'm glad your son got to live life as full as possible during his time with you. This can carry a message to all of us. Our deepest condolences.

Paul I am so sorry for your loss. I am also going through the same with a family member (father-in-law) and it has shock my world beyond belief.

This time of year makes it that much worse. I myself am taking it day by day. Some better than others.

I hope it gets better for you and you’re family as days go by.

I wish you the best and Hope 2020 is a happier year for you and your family!

Safe Travels

Michael

It has been almost a full 5 months since I last posted on this forum, and, in a couple of weeks it will be 2 years since I joined..... Over those two years I have met a lot of nice people, been on some nice Vette cruises and have had good discussions and debates with fellow CCF members. But, sadly, over those two years I have had 4 immediate family members pass away. The latest, on July 29th, at 35 years of age, my oldest son Franco. Franco also had a passion for fast cars, motorcycles, and snowmobiles. On many weekends (he was a Ford guy) he would launch his 1050h.p. Mustang at Mission speedway and his grin said it all. He was a great young man and an even a better son.... As we are just a couple of weeks away from Xmas, the timing of this (sad) posting may seem a bit odd, but it is exactly why I decided to post, because Franco enjoyed Christmas. Im sure that at some point in time we have all either said or been told that "life is short". I personally thought and perhaps still think that its an over used cliche..... but, at the end of the day, that cliche sure packs a hard wallop. As such, I hope that we all continue to follow our passions, continue to share our stories, our differences, and (cliche or not) hold our friends and family close to us. So, in memory of a fellow car enthusiast, and my family to yours, I wish you all a fun and safe Holiday Season.
Condolences Paul......

It is not natural to bury our kids, I am truly sorry for your loss. The first chrismas (or other celebration) without a person for the first time is always a strange feeling. I just lost my brother in law last month at the age of 54, he was one of my fishing partner, also my partner in the condos in Florida but first of all, a great friend. I wish you and all your family and friends a great Holiday Season in is memory.

• Sad
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
It is not natural to bury our kids, I am truly sorry for your loss. The first chrismas (or other celebration) without a person for the first time is always a strange feeling. I just lost my brother in law last month at the age of 54, he was one of my fishing partner, also my partner in the condos in Florida but first of all, a great friend. I wish you and all your family and friends a great Holiday Season in is memory.

Sorry for your loss as well Stephane, tough to deal with.

Condolences to all. :Angelsad2:

From our family to yours Paul, our condolences. Nothing replaces the loss but the memories keep them alive in our hearts.

I am very sorry for your loss and my sincere condolences. May they rest in peace. I wish you all the very best at Christmas and for 2020.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.