Featured Thread
Aug 7, 2015
Victoria, BC
VetteCoins
Car
1960 Roadster
Hey guys! I swear, they're like puppies. 😉 Wanted to share some pics of our latest find/project!

Nice little '64 convertible in very good shape. Found locally (which doesn't happen often) in a heated garage. Originally from Ontario as best we can track. She has not been on the road for a good 20 years. Decent body, excellent chrome and paint that is buffing up rather nicely. The orig 327 and factory 4spd are long gone, but a fresh rebuilt 350 (from a trusted local machine shop) accompanied it in a crate. Hubby Dave will pop that in for the season and we'll go from there. He promises NOT to put a 428 CJ in it!! Everything else is complete including a very new black interior. A nice bonus of updated leather seats (originally factory vinyl from the trim tag.) No build sheet - or much history/documentation at all - with it. That's okay, we'll give it new life!

The 65 Mustang has priority (What?? I know!!) but will post pics if she gets on the road this summer! 😎 I'm working on a name for her...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Looks great! The nice thing about not much history is that you can make it whatever you want without the guilt of “ruining” something original. :D I love the mid years, they’re my absolute favourite. Looking forward to seeing you get it back on the road!

:Woot: ... all righty ... I'm putting the hitch on my truck right now ...
and go for a drive ... with hope one "will follow me home" too :happy:
Sweet :thumbs:

Last edited:
... Honest to God - if I had a magic wand - every Ford in the garage would become a Vette!!
Was it not once said you could have any color Ford you wanted as long as it was Black?
If it is being seen as only being "Black" ... it sure appears by this photo that the
all Corvette part may actually work out for you ... :thumbs:

(... ya, ya, I know you have a couple others ... a red and a green ... :Cheers2: )

Last edited:
Looks great! The nice thing about not much history is that you can make it whatever you want without the guilt of “ruining” something original. :D I love the mid years, they’re my absolute favourite. Looking forward to seeing you get it back on the road!
You're so right Riley - no guilt - no judgement. Just get her on the road with dignity! This one will never be a numbers matching unmolested car or close to anyone's vision of perfect. I too like that it "just is what it is." And why it will eventually be the most driven summer car in the shop. Sure hope my surfboard fits. 🏄

Henry could work... or 'Ed'sel? What? Am shocked cars don't follow you home too! (I have been known to say, a funny thing happened on the way to Costco...) 😅 Hope you're also enjoying your 'red and green' which shall not be named! We could get tarred and feathered!

Dudes - Thanks for the ✌️ Ruff, Luke, Taylor!

Reactions: ddgermann
Hello One True Chevy Girl! I have not been on the Forum for a while and just saw your pics of your '64. NICE!!! I am kinda partial to black with all that chrome! Did you know there were only 1,897 64's painted Tuxedo Black (out of 22,229 total 64's produced). That's ours below - a Sept 30th, 1963 assembly, then came straight to Toronto on Oct 10th, 1963 for sale through Gorries Chev. Do you know any history yet - where it was originally sold, dealer, etc? I only know of one other black '64...from up Barrie, Ontario way. Which province are you in?
Cheers and enjoy!
64Ray

Attachments

• DSCN3941.JPG
    DSCN3941.JPG
    711.2 KB · Views: 14
It looks exactly like my late friend Brian's car. He lived in southern Ontario and passed away with cancer about 3 years ago now. Before that he was sick for a long time and the car was parked. Who knows......

Hello One True Chevy Girl! I have not been on the Forum for a while and just saw your pics of your '64. NICE!!! I am kinda partial to black with all that chrome! Did you know there were only 1,897 64's painted Tuxedo Black (out of 22,229 total 64's produced). That's ours below - a Sept 30th, 1963 assembly, then came straight to Toronto on Oct 10th, 1963 for sale through Gorries Chev. Do you know any history yet - where it was originally sold, dealer, etc? I only know of one other black '64...from up Barrie, Ontario way. Which province are you in?
Cheers and enjoy!
64Ray
Hey 64Ray!! Glad you're back - thanks so much for the pic and all the deets on your beautiful roadster! So great you have so much background on yours and able to document its history. I think knowing the provenance is fastinating! Do you have your build sheet as well? I knew tuxedo black were limited - special! Love to see more pics of your car!

Other than the trim tag, that's all the details we know for certain. I did much googling only to confirm after the fire at the old GM plant, all old records were destroyed. SO unfortunate! The fella we purchased from (we're in Victoria BC) had no paperwork to pass along. Not one scrap or photo! He bought it in Ontario over 25 years ago and brought it back to BC. It wasn't long before he blew the motor and removed it. A young kid, he couldn't afford to replace it and lost interest completely. How sad as the original engine was gone! And so, there it sat for all these years covered in his garage. I knew we had to rescue it LOL!

Hi Kerrmudgeon - interesting story! Perhaps it is your late friend's car?!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.