NED

Casual User
Mar 1, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2024 ERAY HTC 3LZ
Province
ON
I received my new 2024 ERAY last week. These issues are not ERAY related but general issues with my C8.
1. I could not save my settings for the driver seat, the passenger seat works fine. So I took it to the dealer and they did a software download to the component that runs the driver side of the car. It now works fine. But on the way home I had some very funny electronic issues which I saw prior to the download but I thought it was just me as I am new to the C8. The first one that I noticed is that I cannot change the infotainment screens when driving. YES I know that are certain functions you can not change when driving but I don't think changing from the nav screen to the audio screen etc. is not one of them. The message on the infotainment screen says that I cannot enter this as the vehicle is driving. I am not changing anything I just want to view the nav screen at the time this happened.
2. If I park the car on a slight incline and apply the parking brake it still moves a few inches before it clicks. It reminds me of the good old days when you put a automatic in park and didn't apply the parking brake it bumps up against the lock pin in the auto transmission. The guys at the dealer says that I just need to hold the brake on for a little longer to wait for the electronic parking brake to take hold. Has anyone experienced this?
3. Sometimes my KEY fob is not recognized even though I got in the car and I started the car and drove off and it only happens when I have been driving. Putting in the cup holder does not change it. It takes sometimes a hour sometimes a few minuets and it doesn't happen every time.

I am just asking have you guys experienced things like this as I am new to the C8? It will be going back to the dealer but I know for a fact that it won't happen when it's at the dealer except for the brake item.

1. You should definitely be able to change the infotainment screens while driving. Check to make sure it's not in teen driving mode or the dealer shipping mode (I forget what it's called)
2. I don't use the parking brake ;)
3. I'm assuming you don't get a Fob battery low indication so I doubt it's that. Have you tried the second fob?

1. You should definitely be able to change the infotainment screens while driving. Check to make sure it's not in teen driving mode or the dealer shipping mode (I forget what it's called)
2. I don't use the parking brake ;)
3. I'm assuming you don't get a Fob battery low indication so I doubt it's that. Have you tried the second fob?
The second fob does the same thing.

They told me to hold the brake on for a few seconds and it should work. I haven't had a chance to check this out as the car is at the detailing shop getting its Ceramic etc.

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
I held the brake on for 45 seconds and it still moved backward a few inches. Well it will be a discussion when I go back to the dealer next week as I am going to pick up my framed Window Sticker.

There is no need to hold the parking brake button. Push it and release. It takes a second or so for electronic parking brake to fully set and you should hear an audible noise while it is happening. After the parking brake is set you can release the brake pedal and the car should not move. If it moves several inches then the parking brake is definitely not set, probably time for a dealer trip.

You are correct that is the way I would expect it to work but mine does not do that. So a dealer trip next week.