Good evening Riley,

I would help me to get through the Red Stuff bed-in requirement..............!

I hope I can sleep tonight knowing it is just 500 km away not instead of 3500 km.......

If I had a ride I could be there in 5 hours. That is the problem - how to get down there without leaving a vehicle behind or taking the bus. I need to find someone who is heading down I can go with.

But I still need a trailer either way so it is a case of getting one for the car in which case if I did that in Edmonton I'd be set logistically.

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning Gentlemen,

Yes no doubt a good idea to use a U-Haul. I mean I rented a trailer, an enclsoed car trailer when I took it to Edmonton in November but that also required a trip to Grande Prairie to get it. I should check with U-Haul in Edmonton to see if i could get a trailer and leave it in Peace River.

As well since my parents are in that neck of the woods I could see if they are still around Edmonton and drive there and get tehm to bring my Sentra back for me.

I have found a potential trailer, but again it is a question of whether a tilt in better than a car hauler with a dovetail/beavertail rear ramp. A tilt I think would be the better choice as there is also no hump to drive past once the front tires are moving onto the main deck, a tilt is flat the whole way.............

But now the ball is in my court as they say and this is my challenge to resolve.

Time to charge my camera batteries!

Cheers,

Garry

I've done the uhaul thing and dropping it off wherever isn't normally a problem but you will need ramps to back the truck up on to to raise the hitch. Your vett wont just drive on to the trailer. Too low ;-)

Ohhhhh i leaned that one the hard, inconvenient and time consuming way. I wasn't a happy boy that day. Also, the wheel arches on the trailer make the doors almost impossible to get in or out of. The bottom of the door is really low and doesn't clear it. Bring plastic bags cause you will be crawling in and out of the window a-la Bo and Luke Duke style!!!

Yes, I had to do that with the enclosed car trailer I used in November and I was 80 lb heavier in those days! One on the plus side for the deck above whweel style trailers but then they are so much higher that the ramp angle becomes an issue. That is why I first considered a tilt trailer as the loading angle doesn't change part way up the deck......

Cheers,

Garry

Another method for reducing the approach angle on the trailer is to jack up on the trailer hitch on your truck raising the front of the trailer. Just have blocks and the e brake on to keep the trailer from moving on the jack as much as possible.

I'm really leaning toward a tilt deck, Manny said likewise between that and a car hauler. Looks much less complicated to load and would even unload my wallet a bit more!!

Wow I can't wait for that phone call, come on CN, you're standing between a guy and his Z06..........

Cheers,

Garry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.