Friend received an allocation who was going to sell the car immediately when it arrived for a profit. Begged him to let me have it since I don't think he'll be making squat after BC taxes. He ghosted the dealership who built a 2LT non-Z51 convertible on his behalf for a staggering $113,000 and it has been accepted by GM. He's not even taking the car and keep in mind most BC dealers don't take any more deposits on the C8 since they are backed up by at least 5 years. What an idiot.

If the order has been accepted, is there any way to change it?
Wow, and people like me and you waiting for years to own and enjoy the car. Guess dealers arnt the only ones looking to make a quick buck.

Even at 2000 it's next to impossible. At 3000 the parts are ordered. I've heard of one at 2000 that got a change, but they had major pull and a compelling reason. The configuration on the order was accepted because THEY KNOW parts were available for it. Changing by adding an option is problematic for GM it upsets the entire system adding an option to one order may mean that option is not available for another order already accepted by GM.
Good luck. I hope it works for you. Let us know either way.

Reactions: scraze66
I hope there's hope! I'm late to the party so being "fashionably late" might not be such a bad thing, lol. Anyway I just gotta be patient. I've always bought my new vehicles off the lot. This time I'm ordering EXACTLY what I want. If that means waiting then damn it....I'll wait.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Could not change the order as it was too late. Oh, well. Did put a deposit down on the C9 and I am #3 on the wait list. I think I’m going to give up on the C8 and take all of my 8-9 deposits back.
so you have a C8 order accepted but because you cant change it you decided not to take delivery and will give up on the C8?

would it not be better to have a "wrong spec" C8 than no C8 at all?

so you have a C8 order accepted but because you cant change it you decided not to take delivery and will give up on the C8?

would it not be better to have a "wrong spec" C8 than no C8 at all?

I did have an allocation and when I flew to a different province to meet my sales guy in person, he said it was a mistake and gave it to somebody else.

This allocation was my friend’s who I begged to let me have. He lied to me and the dealership. While I was nagging him to let me build it and take the car, he was ignoring the dealership since they wanted to submit the order in as soon as possible. The dealer ended up ordering a car to their spec ($115k 2LT convertible) since my clown of a friend ignored them. I still can’t believe he didn’t give the car to me seeing as how it’s a 5-6+ year wait in my province.

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
Somebody already has a C9 list?!
Not that I heard
I did have an allocation and when I flew to a different province to meet my sales guy in person, he said it was a mistake and gave it to somebody else.

This allocation was my friend’s who I begged to let me have. He lied to me and the dealership. While I was nagging him to let me build it and take the car, he was ignoring the dealership since they wanted to submit the order in as soon as possible. The dealer ended up ordering a car to their spec ($115k 2LT convertible) since my clown of a friend ignored them. I still can’t believe he didn’t give the car to me seeing as how it’s a 5-6+ year wait in my province.
but a 2LT HTC is the most desirable spec, why would you not get it if you don't have any alternatives?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.