Jun 4, 2023
VetteCoins
Province
BC
Is there a cheat sheet sort of thing that shows the difference between Stingray 1LT vs 2LT, and 2LT vs 3LT.

Is the Elocker diff a good idea even for a road car, on not really?

I live where the roads suck, so for comfortable ride regular or magnetic suspension?

This is for the 2020 so things have likely changed somewhat, but it will give you most of the idea.

1686076685222.png

Reactions: BCL
Is there a cheat sheet sort of thing that shows the difference between Stingray 1LT vs 2LT, and 2LT vs 3LT.

Is the Elocker diff a good idea even for a road car, on not really?

I live where the roads suck, so for comfortable ride regular or magnetic suspension?
Get the 3LT and Z51 pkg - just because. LOL.

Get the 3LT and Z51 pkg - just because. LOL.

While that sounds great, harder to find, and not sure if I want to wait, especially if i never get it.

I've found a basic 1LT convertible In stock, only 5 hours drive away, and considering buying it.

If I do buy it, may order a 3LT and spec it how how I want, and when/if it arrives, sell the car I would already have.
My Boxster is sold, and the new owner is coming Friday to pick it up.

While that sounds great, harder to find, and not sure if I want to wait, especially if i never get it.

I've found a basic 1LT convertible In stock, only 5 hours drive away, and considering buying it.

If I do buy it, may order a 3LT and spec it how how I want, and when/if it arrives, sell the car I would already have.
My Boxster is sold, and the new owner is coming Friday to pick it up.
Did U try Kelowna Chevy? They charge 10% over MSRP on the C8 Stingray. Sell a lot of cars.

Sorry let me rephrase, I misspoke.

They don't have what I want, a Stingray Convertible.
If you left your name with a rep he/she will call you. I deal with Josh. He offered me a black Z06 as well which I do not like - wrong color for that car IMHO. Good luck. The other Z05 was a grey/white color - yuk.

LSD stands for "limited slip differential," not Locking differential, but otherwise to the OP's question:

There may be a very few situations on the street where the e-LSD offers an advantage, but not many. If you're not going to track the car, I don't think the e-LSD is a reason to pay for the Z51. You may decide you want a Z51 anyway, and that's fine, but don't get it just because of the e-LSD.

I think MSRC is a game changer. Not only because you can adjust the suspension softer or firmer, but because in any mode it can automatically adjust rebound and compression damping up to 10 times per second, and for each wheel independently. On poor pavement, it not only increases comfort (in Tour mode), but it improves performance by keeping the tires in contact with the pavement better.

On the base model, Tour mode is insanely good on bad roads (for a high performance sports car) but allows a bit too much body roll for spirited driving. Bump it up to sport, and that goes away. On smooth roads, you can even use track effectively.

Not that to get PTM (performance traction management) you need both the Z51 and magnetic ride. PTM is mainly of value on the track.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.