Sep 19, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2024 Stingray HTCZ51
Province
ON
Did the GM/Chevrolet braintrust think to put the make/model year's Owner Manual into the Infotainment System, so you could look up stuff without having to drag a hardcopy or phone copy along with you? It would seem to be a no brainer, but I can't find any reference to an "on board" copy of the Owner/Operator Manual. Perhaps it can be downloaded after you take delivery? To the PDR SD card, or to whatever the car has, as a built in hard drive?

Did the GM/Chevrolet braintrust think to put the make/model year's Owner Manual into the Infotainment System, so you could look up stuff without having to drag a hardcopy or phone copy along with you? It would seem to be a no brainer, but I can't find any reference to an "on board" copy of the Owner/Operator Manual. Perhaps it can be downloaded after you take delivery? To the PDR SD card, or to whatever the car has, as a built in hard drive?
That's years ahead of thinking for gm and years behind Amazon etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day and MKC8
I guess if the Infotainment system can handle .PDF files (opened with Acrobat or MS Edge) that would work.
So, can it handle executable program code? Like Acrobat or MS Edge? The new system has some additional animations added, so I'm told, so maybe it can. Probably not, though, as you point out.
What a waste of a perfectly good on board 9" tablet.

I guess if the Infotainment system can handle .PDF files (opened with Acrobat or MS Edge) that would work.
So, can it handle executable program code? Like Acrobat or MS Edge? The new system has some additional animations added, so I'm told, so maybe it can. Probably not, though, as you point out.
It's got the connectivity. Even phones have to go online for voice searches. With google auto now it should be a no brainer.

The infotainment system will apparently recognize a variety of music formats ( codecs ) input from a phone, laptop, usb or sd card . The performance data recorder recognizes MP4 video format as that is what it records in and obviously plays back in . So you would think that you could put the manual on one of the input devices the system recognizes such as a thumb drive, in MP4 and get it to display on the infotainment screen or using one of the two SD card slots perhaps. Then play and pause at the section you want to read. Of course this won’t work with the vehicle in motion.
I also saw somewhere that you can even watch a movie from a recognized input device. Don’t have mine yet but will enjoy sorting it out when I do. I doubt that it can’t be done. Three cents worth. :keyboardwarior:

Same as yours. Just a few miles farther south. We have road salt/brine to deal with down here, which adds complexity to the formula.
I had a C4 back in the early '90s, and drove it in winter when the road conditions and weather permitted. Clear/dry only.
The only salt we use here is for Tequila shots. Generally very low humidity as we are technically a semi arid desert going by annual precipitation . The only vehicles that you see here with rust came from elsewhere.

• Clever
Reactions: MKC8
The only salt we use here is for Tequila shots. Generally very low humidity as we are technically a semi arid desert going by annual precipitation . The only vehicles that you see here with rust came from elsewhere.
So, will you eventually be the only C8 owner/operator in the NT?
I would imagine the C8 is a scarce commodity up in those parts?
You'll be a celebrity of sorts. :cool:

So, will you eventually be the only C8 owner/operator in the NT?
I would imagine the C8 is a scarce commodity up in those parts?
You'll be a celebrity of sorts. :cool:
Perhaps. I’m not aware of any other ones but average income here is among the highest in the country so perhaps there are some on the way. You do see a number of C7,s and older units and I saw one Z06 . But also there are only 22,000 souls in the city so who knows. On the other hand It’s now the fifth model year and I’ve yet to see one. Yeah might be tricky to keep a low profile tooling around in it but window tint and sun glasses might help, lol . 🕶️🕶️

• Clever
Reactions: MKC8
Perhaps. I’m not aware of any other ones but average income here is among the highest in the country so perhaps there are some on the way. You do see a number of C7,s and older units and I saw one Z06 . But also there are only 22,000 souls in the city so who knows. On the other hand It’s now the fifth model year and I’ve yet to see one. Yeah might be tricky to keep a low profile tooling around in it but window tint and sun glasses might help, lol . 🕶️🕶️
Check the North of 60 forum. I heard there are a number of C8 owners there.... 4 at least in Fort Simpson and a couple more in Norman Wells.... ;)

• Informative
Reactions: 1st Vette