Being used to tire pressure in PSI rather than kPa. Is it possible to display the tire pressure readout into PSI, without having to change all the units to imperial from metric?

I wish. I hate the kPa. I love trying to divide 232 by 7 while driving....

I set my pressure to 210 kpa on all 4, then watch for any changes.

I use a psi infator to `top up` as I found the C8 readout is fairly accurant( spelling terrible).
On hot days pressure reaches up to 220-226kpa.

Last edited:
I hate Celsius too...
Try Centigrade then. LOL.
I dunno, That I can handle.
0 it freezes and 100 it boils
Perhaps we should use Kelvin?
373.15 degrees Kelvin boils water.
273.15 degrees freezes water.
0 degrees Kelvin is virtually unobtainable

I run 31psi F 30 psi R on my ZR1 (factory says 30 all the way around).

In kPa that's 216F 208R. Sometimes I start driving and when I go to the pressure display it might be a few kPa down on 1 side vs. the other. I'm obviously not going to worry about 2-3 kPa low or high on any 1 tire. Once I start driving and tires heat up they usually increase to 228F 220R kPa.

When there's a massive difference on 1 tire vs. the other on the same side then you might want to check and see if there's a leak or tire issue.

Just change the settings to Imperial on your OnStar app. Thats what I do. Although last week I went for a short drive and OnStar sent me and urgent message that both rear tires had no air in them at all. I freaked until I got out and looked at the tires. They were fine. Just another GM glitch, of which there are many. Wish I had taken a screenshot of it but didn't think of that. This is what it looks like on the app when it's working properly. I have to change the settings on my Harley too because I have no idea what metric tire pressure means.

Attachments

• IMG_6979.PNG
    IMG_6979.PNG
    86.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Thanks for the info folks, I'll get used to seeing 210kpa.
I found it confusing at first too...now just look to see that they're all around 210-220. I've had one leak in the 3 years I've had my 2019...and the monitor was good to point out that this one tire was 20-30 KPA lower than the rest. A plug fixed that and all have been fine since.

Reactions: kerry4
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.