GM has made a definite decision in their marketing demographics. The reason eludes me. However it is clear that GM senses, or has encouraged, the market shifting away from the "affordable American sports car" to something between affordability and exotic car pricing. Corvette has become iconic because although not everyone could afford a Vette, it was priced close enough to make the dream realistic for Joe Six Pack. Those days are seemingly over. Whether intended or not, and although the msrp tells a different story, the actual selling price of even the base C8 Stingray have crept out of the realistic dream scenario for many people. GM has made moves to "brand" Corvette away from Chevy and make it similar to Cadillac. Time will tell whether this strategy will be successful. Personally I see it as a failing strategy. Simple reasoning for me is that if you can afford a $200k Corvette (and yes that is where we are heading and don't deny it) you can likely afford $250 or $300k. If you can afford more than $200k then the market moves you into exotics. Maybe no better a car than the Vette but there is perception. Look at the massive following that DDE has on You Tube. They tried a Vette for a very short time and dumped it quickly.

My prediction is the used C6, C7, and C8 Stingray markets will stay very strong as new C8 pricing moves away from the family guy earning under $100k per year. I also think that the after market performance product market will stay incredibly strong because one can build a monster base 1LT C8 for tens of thousands of dollars less than buying a stock Z06 or ERay. Yes different I know but realistic.

In reality it doesn't matter because no-one can get allocations on virtually anything anyway.

Anyway just my double espresso ramblings on a Wednesday morning.
Just an observation…..’Joe Six Pack’ is likely driving a $100K pick up truck, so it’s all relative when it comes to ‘attainability’.

I'm definitely in the demographic of those who want an E-Ray.

Widebody look, all wheel drive for winter use, and the stealth mode. I've always daily driven my cars as a former 911 owner and I'm looking forward to it. The stealth mode is a winner as my neighbors do comment about my 6am garage startups. I also leave the cottage early some Monday mornings so not waking up the neighbors during the summer is a good feature.

The price is more than I expected however and seeing the 1LZ starts at $129k I'm targeting the 2LZ coupe which appears to be $5k more USD. I'd like to see the CDN pricing before committing.

Price is definitely higher than expected but so is the hp and tq. Also, that's 2024 pricing for the eray and I'm sure 24 C8Z price will be at least 4-5k more which widens the gap. Combined with ccb being standard and a smaller price gap between trim levels compared to the C8Z it's not terrible imo.

I'm definitely in the demographic of those who want an E-Ray.

Widebody look, all wheel drive for winter use, and the stealth mode. I've always daily driven my cars as a former 911 owner and I'm looking forward to it. The stealth mode is a winner as my neighbors do comment about my 6am garage startups. I also leave the cottage early some Monday mornings so not waking up the neighbors during the summer is a good feature.

The price is more than I expected however and seeing the 1LZ starts at $129k I'm targeting the 2LZ coupe which appears to be $5k more USD. I'd like to see the CDN pricing before committing.
Cam, count on seeing $136,500 + freight for the 2LZ and $142,500 + freight for the 3LZ.

Reactions: CamsC8
I love the HTC, and that is how I will order my SR in a few months. However, to be able to afford the extra spend here, I think I would have to go the coupe route, and then it is a matter of me trying to see if I can move up to the 2LZ, when the 1LZ price tag is more approachable. I know I would miss all the extra tech though. Plus would need to add MRC (no Z51).

Look at me talking, I am not even on an E-Ray list, which brings me to the next point I would like to discuss with the dealers. Why the heck would dealers want to go thru the pain of talking to dozens of people who are waiting on a Z06, to sift thru and find the next person waiting on an E-Ray. Now that the car is announced, would it not make sense to call everyone once, and get their answer once, and create 2 lists out of it ?? And yes people would have to pick one or the other, and not say I will wait around for either.

This way when I go to put my deposit, I can have a solid E-Ray spot and not mixed in with the Z06 folks. And I am not putting a deposit now because I am riding out my current deposits to see where I land for the SR, and then will figure out my next step at that point.

(btw also thinking to drop a deposit on the Hummer EV, but that is a whole other story for another forum)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.