MY21C8

Regular
You're a Regular You're Celebrated You're Liked Hot Chilli
Nov 19, 2020
VetteCoins
At $128,798 Canadian, it’s more than I expected. I was hoping it would come in around the $110,000 mark. However, the 3LZ has carbon fibre trim and mag ride and carbon ceramic brakes are standard across the board.

It’s only $1400 less than a Z06. LT2 engine (same as the SR). Make me wonder if I want an electric motor and wide body panels.

The SR sure does seem like a bargain at 50k less. That’s a lot of tick boxes you could select! Could it be that the SR is destined for a big price increase?

Last edited:
Hi All - first time poster but long time Corvette super fan here (like since I was 8 :) . Finally in a position to get into a vette of my own in the next year or two and had the greatest interest in the ERay.

I have to say I was shocked when I saw the price was almost the same as the Z06, but as others have said it includes the CCB's which make it more like an 11k difference. Either way its a lot more than I expected.

I wish they gave the option for steel brakes and let us decide if its worth 10K+ if we are going to track the car or care if on paper its 3,980 lbs vs 4,020.

I also wish GT2 seats were standard on 2LZ. Seems crazy that a 130k+ car doesn't come with the nicer seats to start...

Oh well...still would much rather have this than a base 911 for the price

I thought the GT2 seats also had nicer leather? Maybe I'm wrong. I'll take your word on the fit.
I have gt1 and sat 2 hours in the gt2 and my butt told me there is no difference! lol
It has been proven via cutaway that they are identical foam etc. I do think the gt2 seats are prettier.

I watched some of the videos last night and there is no doubt that it is a cool car. I just can figure out who the target market is with the price and performance so close to the Z06. I thought that the Eray was going to be an electric vehicle, but it appears that the whole point of the electric components is to improve traction...oh, and to sneak out of your neighbourhood quietly. WTF is with their emphasis on that??? Sure, you can drive it in the winter "when" the roads are clear, but you aren't plowing through 12 inches of snow in that car.

I watched some of the videos last night and there is no doubt that it is a cool car. I just can figure out who the target market is with the price and performance so close to the Z06. I thought that the Eray was going to be an electric vehicle, but it appears that the whole point of the electric components is to improve traction...oh, and to sneak out of your neighbourhood quietly. WTF is with their emphasis on that??? Sure, you can drive it in the winter "when" the roads are clear, but you aren't plowing through 12 inches of snow in that car.
I think the fact that it can run on the electric motor for a couple of miles and run in winter is just a bonus. The whole point is traction.

the fact of the matter is C7 Z06 and ZR1 are limited by traction, so GM went with mid engine C8 and quickly reached the limit of mid engine RWD traction, so the only next step is to switch to AWD. when you have AWD, mid engine, and all the horse power, the only 2 limits are weight and tire grip technology. C8 already uses the best tires in the industry.

GM has made a definite decision in their marketing demographics. The reason eludes me. However it is clear that GM senses, or has encouraged, the market shifting away from the "affordable American sports car" to something between affordability and exotic car pricing. Corvette has become iconic because although not everyone could afford a Vette, it was priced close enough to make the dream realistic for Joe Six Pack. Those days are seemingly over. Whether intended or not, and although the msrp tells a different story, the actual selling price of even the base C8 Stingray have crept out of the realistic dream scenario for many people. GM has made moves to "brand" Corvette away from Chevy and make it similar to Cadillac. Time will tell whether this strategy will be successful. Personally I see it as a failing strategy. Simple reasoning for me is that if you can afford a $200k Corvette (and yes that is where we are heading and don't deny it) you can likely afford $250 or $300k. If you can afford more than $200k then the market moves you into exotics. Maybe no better a car than the Vette but there is perception. Look at the massive following that DDE has on You Tube. They tried a Vette for a very short time and dumped it quickly.

My prediction is the used C6, C7, and C8 Stingray markets will stay very strong as new C8 pricing moves away from the family guy earning under $100k per year. I also think that the after market performance product market will stay incredibly strong because one can build a monster base 1LT C8 for tens of thousands of dollars less than buying a stock Z06 or ERay. Yes different I know but realistic.

In reality it doesn't matter because no-one can get allocations on virtually anything anyway.

Anyway just my double espresso ramblings on a Wednesday morning.

Reactions: OL Yeller
They're just getting their electric toes wet with research and figured if they can help pay for that research and development by tossing out a half a$$ electric Corvette, it will pay some bills. Next step will be the all electric CorvE. After all. Not like there's any other place to go. Hydrogen power is still a ways off.

Anyone know if it comes standard as a 2lz? Also on the pricing issue by the time options and luxury tax plus gst are added in , it’s going to price a lot of us out of the market. I could still afford to buy one but not sure it’s the best use of my money, going to have to give it some thought.
no, just like all C8s there a 3 trim levels

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.