Twiggy

I'm New Here
Jul 6, 2015
VetteCoins
Car
1972 Coupe
Hi All - greetings from BC! My wife has a 1972 coupe that was rescued from a farmers field by her father, given as a gift for her 40th birthday, and finally completed last year. She had wanted a Corvette since she was a little girl.

This summer we had to have a new windshield frame put in due to the common rust issue. The shop we used has a great reputation for high end restorations, but we are having an issue with fitment after the job. I have managed to drill all the necessary holes and reinstalled all the trim and new weatherstripping. However, no amount of adjusting is going to fix the remaining problem.

When the windows are raised, rather than sitting into the t-top weatherstripping, there is a gap between the top of the window glass that is narrow at the rear and widens to about 3/4" at the front. It is simply like the windshield frame is too high.

I am hoping that before we take the car back to the shop tomorrow we can a measurement from the corner of the window from vertically to the door top as in the photo below. If we can show that there is a problem here I am hoping we can get it fixed without a fight.

vette dimension.jpg

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,

Corey & Karen

Twiggy...
Here are some pics... i hope they help.
I measured both sides as well as the horizontal dimension.
My car is a 1975 coupe.
Where are you in BC..?
Send me a PM if you need more pics or measurements.

Attachments

• IMG_00001672.jpg
    IMG_00001672.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_00001673.jpg
    IMG_00001673.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_00001674.jpg
    IMG_00001674.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_00001675.jpg
    IMG_00001675.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_00001676.jpg
    IMG_00001676.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 17
Twiggy...
Here are some pics... i hope they help.
I measured both sides as well as the horizontal dimension.
My car is a 1975 coupe.
Where are you in BC..?
Send me a PM if you need more pics or measurements.

Thanks so much. I will compare those to the car when I get home. We are in Penticton, baking in the sun.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum. I like the colour of your car. We had a 1971 Formula 400 that was painted GM Canyon Copper, very similar to what you have. Loved that car.

Hopefully you can get this issue resolved. Graham can help you for sure.

Welcome to the forum. I like the colour of your car. We had a 1971 Formula 400 that was painted GM Canyon Copper, very similar to what you have. Loved that car.

Hopefully you can get this issue resolved. Graham can help you for sure.

Thanks for the welcome. Actually...... the photo I used was one I found online with the side profile I needed. Our car is white with red interior but still nice :)

All in the Family.JPG

Here's a pic with my brother-in-law's '64 in the foreground.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.