Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Effective immediately and our new feature du jour we have reactions.

The like button has now been replaced by a much wider array of reactions positive, neutral and even a couple of negative ones.

Simply hover over the new Like (thumbs up) button and you'll see a popup open with available reactions. If you click without hovering it will simply do an old school Like as before.

Enjoy!

This could get ugly in a hurry.:Biggrin:

Indeed, I'm going to be paying particular attention to the negatives here lol, if I or the mods get complaints it's coming off and we can all be happy all the time. :) There's a reason behind the madness here hence why I even entertained adding negatives.

This could get ugly in a hurry.:Biggrin:

LOL.... that was my first thought too Murray... Then i figured we are all mature boys and girls.... well... Most of us are mature boys and girls....Ok... some of us are....
We can probably handle someone disagreeing, bored, disliking, or even angry ..... or maybe not.... Ok...Now I'm mad.... lol....Just kidding.... At the end of the day, I think most will do the same as now.... heathy debate with disagreement and likes when deserved. It will be interesting who gets the first legitimate negative .....lol...
:Lurk5:

Now I'm gonna hafta remember to mail out Christmas Cards to all my "likers" ...
and likely follow that rule "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all"
so I won't officially say that having dislikes is something that I "like in the opposite way" :bag:

You have initiated a thought of mine now to work on a posting where accumulated dislikes will be a good thing ...
so I'll work on a posting that is a 100% true "like" for me ... that in return, I don't want liked ...

I do need to change the description of my vehicle and can't find where to do it now
(as the allowable number of characters for vehicle description is less now)

Last edited:
Indeed, I'm going to be paying particular attention to the negatives here lol, if I or the mods get complaints it's coming off and we can all be happy all the time. :) There's a reason behind the madness here hence why I even entertained adding negatives.

Hey there 'Master of all Things Technologically Way Above our (mostly meaning my) Realm of Comprehension'

The new layout, look and functionality is great. As always boss, a great job... very pro. I'd give you an 'in love' if it wouldn't look and feel just way too weird..

I have an observation though... In the what's new - trending and recent activity, formerly we use to read the posts (and re-gen) and they would be grayed out to let us know we had read the most recent. Now I see they remain vibrant red which totally has me second guessing whether I actually read the latest post or it was purely a figment of my overly active imagination.....
:nonono:

PS. And the new emoticons and smilies rock too... although I did look for some new additions to the cars line up... lol....
1524151029387.png

Last edited:
and likely follow that rule "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all"
so I won't officially say that having dislikes is something that I "like in the opposite way" :bag:

You have initiated a thought of mine now to work on postings in a way where accumulated dislikes can be a good thing ...
although it might not become a priority until next Winter while the Rays are stored ...

I do need to change the description of my vehicle and can't find where to do it now

Spence. Click on your name in the ribbon top right in this window. Then click on 'Account Details' and change to your hearts content.

Reactions: YFCvii

I agree with Spence on the ‘dislike’ button.
I will never use them... if I do not agree I’ll probably just not respond.
If something is really offensive I will report it to a MOD to be dealt with.
I don’t think we need negative things on here.

YMMV.
Let’s see who disagrees with this.!?!

Graham

I agree with Spence on the ‘dislike’ button.
I will never use them... if I do not agree I’ll probably just not respond.
If something is really offensive I will report it to a MOD to be dealt with.
I don’t think we need negative things on here.

YMMV.
Let’s see who disagrees with this.!?!

Graham

As much as I really wanted to try out the disagree button, I do agree with most of what you are saying Graham. But in all honesty, I don't think the new reaction choices will change much here. The members are on top of reporting and the staff does their job weeding trollers and other such scums and bums out of our forum currently, and to be honest, we don't have a lot of that or negativity here anyway. And typically, if we encounter downright nastiness, whether reported by a member or stumbled upon by one of us, it is dealt with pretty quickly and, knowing there is no place for them here, rarely do the culprits come back. So to make a short reply even longer, I may be wrong but I think all will still be status quo here in CCF land. IMHO.... :canada:

• Happy
Reactions: nascar03

You have initiated a thought of mine now to work on a posting where accumulated dislikes will be a good thing ...
so I'll work on a posting that is a 100% true "like" for me ... that in return, I don't want liked ...

The field is the same length Spence, just that the avatar section is a bit more squished, I'll expand it a little, no need to revise stuff.

Hey there 'Master of all Things Technologically Way Above our (mostly meaning my) Realm of Comprehension'

The new layout, look and functionality is great. As always boss, a great job... very pro. I'd give you an 'in love' if it wouldn't look and feel just way too weird..

I have an observation though... In the what's new - trending and recent activity, formerly we use to read the posts (and re-gen) and they would be grayed out to let us know we had read the most recent. Now I see they remain vibrant red which totally has me second guessing whether I actually read the latest post or it was purely a figment of my overly active imagination.....
:nonono:

PS. And the new emoticons and smilies rock too... although I did look for some new additions to the cars line up... lol.... View attachment 16132

You can love me Eric much needed these last couple of days. :)

To explain things a little:

1. Trending - a little algorithm based on views + replies per minute that shows well trending topicws
2. What's New - What's New Tab - summary of recent topics (read and unread)
3. What's New - New Posts Tab - summary of new topics you've not read

I've gone ahead and made a small change to default What's New to New Posts as I feel that's the most visited tab anyway.

As much as I really wanted to try out the disagree button, I do agree with most of what you are saying Graham. But in all honesty, I don't think the new reaction choices will change much here. The members are on top of reporting and the staff does their job weeding trollers and other such scums and bums out of our forum currently, and to be honest, we don't have a lot of that or negativity here anyway. And typically, if we encounter downright nastiness, whether reported by a member or stumbled upon by one of us, it is dealt with pretty quickly and, knowing there is no place for them here, rarely do the culprits come back. So to make a short reply even longer, I may be wrong but I think all will still be status quo here in CCF land. IMHO.... :canada:

I've removed the negatives now from reactions as I didn't want any sleepless nights for anyone :)

@SN-III Spence, I've expanded the avatar section now so it should not cutoff longer multiple car garage listings as much.

Reactions: nascar03 and YFCvii
I've removed the negatives now from reactions as I didn't want any sleepless nights for anyone :)
Thank you for the update ... off my list now is figuring out a way to make "negatives" into "positives" ...
Although I am currently (pun) revisiting all the Sciences with my teen right now,
it has been a long time since I have had to apply it to anything other than
Why did I just get zapped when I replaced that light fixture? ;)

.... and then again, as a Canadian, I guess I would then need an "apology" reaction to follow-up any negative reaction ...
because that's what we do ... eh :thumbs:

Last edited:
Agreed Nik. If someone want to dislike a post we have Giphys which take a bit of time to allow the "cool off" period before actually posting.

Dislike buttons are a pussy way to interact anyway. I wrote that with a smile.... but no apology. :Biggrin:

Reactions: Rruuff Day

Users who are viewing this thread