You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
Cruising home from Grande prairie today via the QE2 and I come up on a Mustang GT. It had a big for sale sign taped to the rear of the car "600 HP". Naturally I had to pass himšŸ˜. I wasn't really looking for a race on a freeway. I let him by and as he hammered it by the Audi in front of me (passed him in the right lane), the passenger side window of the Audi shattered somehow and peppered our car with 100's of shards of glass! It cut through both the 3M and the wrap on the nose and chipped my windshield. Hoping the paint underneath is okay. Freak accident. I can't imagine how much damage i would have sustained without the wrap and 3m!

The pony had to throw a shoe and the cheap european window broke. Man , that was bad luck ,insurance would have a hard time believing that one. Hope the paint is ok. Did you get the plate numbers ?

Reactions: Jeffer2013
Cruising home from Grande prairie today via the QE2 and I come up on a Mustang GT. It had a big for sale sign taped to the rear of the car "600 HP". Naturally I had to pass himšŸ˜. I wasn't really looking for a race on a freeway. I let him by and as he hammered it by the Audi in front of me (passed him in the right lane), the passenger side window of the Audi shattered somehow and peppered our car with 100's of shards of glass! It cut through both the 3M and the wrap on the nose and chipped my windshield. Hoping the paint underneath is okay. Freak accident. I can't imagine how much damage i would have sustained without the wrap and 3m!

Check your rad as well if you havenā€™t already.
Maybe the gangster in the Audi took a shot at him going by and forgot to put the window down?

Weird one for sure. Glad nobody was hurt. Paint can be touched and a new piece of wrap.... good as new.

The pony had to throw a shoe and the cheap european window broke. Man , that was bad luck ,insurance would have a hard time believing that one. Hope the paint is ok. Did you get the plate numbers ?
No plate numbers, happened to fast! Audi pulled over and Mustang kept going. I don't know that either of them really did anything wrong. I assume a rock hit the Audi as the Mustang passed it.

Reactions: ccltj
Well that is just unusual. Nothing between the Mustang and Audi, no one tossed anything or shots fired? Curious as well if either car stopped.

Just a shame about the damage to your car. Hope you can get it fixed to your satisfaction.

Check your rad as well if you havenā€™t already.
Maybe the gangster in the Audi took a shot at him going by and forgot to put the window down?

Weird one for sure. Glad nobody was hurt. Paint can be touched and a new piece of wrap.... good as new.
It was very surreal. We saw tiny bits of glass head towards us. At first we thought he was dumping water out the window until the shards started hitting us.

• Wow
Reactions: ddgermann
Well that is just unusual. Nothing between the Mustang and Audi, no one tossed anything or shots fired? Curious as well if either car stopped.

Just a shame about the damage to your car. Hope you can get it fixed to your satisfaction.
Thanks,I think it must have been a pebble thrown up by the Mustang as he went by. The Audi pulled over, Mustang kept going but i doubt he even knew what happened. I've heard of side windows being taken out by road debris before.

Yikes...

Wow... that's just plain freaky but I too have had pebbles hit a side window before. Not common though and never had one break. And you are right. The mustang probably had no idea, what with exhaust drone, road noise, wind noise, tires howling and his wife chirping at him about his testosterone level and showing off.... :rofl:

Yikes...

Wow... that's just plain freaky but I too have had pebbles hit a side window before. Not common though and never had one break. And you are right. The mustang probably had no idea, what with exhaust drone, road noise, wind noise, tires howling and his wife chirping at him about his testosterone level and showing off.... :rofl:
Lol there was a little chirping from my right seat as well. Saving grace if there was one is i roasted the Mustang once we were clear of traffic. He wanted to go again but i thought, why bother, you lost haha.

Thanks,I think it must have been a pebble thrown up by the Mustang as he went by. The Audi pulled over, Mustang kept going but i doubt he even knew what happened. I've heard of side windows being taken out by road debris before.

I've had it happen to me twice! Had a rock or something get kicked up off an 18-wheeler going the other way take out the passenger side t-roof on my Trans Am. I had the shells attached, and just heard a loud CRACK like an aluminum baseball bat hitting a home run. Then this really bizarre sound of all the tiny shards of glass being sucked off the car and then WHUMP when the shell sucked through the lack of a roof, and then a lot of unexpected wind noise. It was scary. $2800 worth of damage, no license plate, and no one to blame. Just an unlucky fluke.

Years later in my CTS Sportwagon I caught a rock or something in the sunroof on Stony Trail and had it smash out the front panel less than two weeks after I had bought it. Again, no idea where it came from and no one to blame. No paint damage on that one as the glass all fell inside the car and on me. I still find bits of glass in there every time I vacuum the car.

• Wow
Reactions: ddgermann
Dan Iā€™m not sure how bad the damage is but you can get the wrap replaced almost anywhere. If your going all the way to Calgary... pick up Spence and Fredaā€™s fleet and head to Edmonton. @SN-III Spence knows all the good roads.
We will get your car wrapped and head out to the Melting Pot for dinner.
Likely pick up a few in between too. :thumbs:

Reactions: Dantanman
I'm in Golden so Calgary is the nearest place for me. We've worked with Shadow Shield before so we have confidence in their work, they are also the wholesale 3M wrap supplier to many shops. We are travelling to Calgary Saturday morning, stop at Shadow Shield for inspection and order the wrap. Hitting the spa then Stage West dinner theater to celebrate 11th anniversary. Although I would love to join you guys, it probably wouldn't go over that well. Have fun and thanks for the invite!

Sounds like a smart plan all around Dan.

Youā€™re always welcome. Good job spinning a positive out of an annoying thing.
But you did win the race so thatā€™s a high that hangs in for a day or 2.

Have a great time.

D

Reactions: Dantanman
I am vette'less at our "Summer Resort" better known as "Money Pit" near YEG but heading back to YYC Friday - it's "Ma-Me-O Family Community Bingo Night" tonight and I try not to miss it - all about the kids and with an rather entertaining Rural flare. It's been here a week and a bit so once back in Calgary, I may likely need to roll somewhere on Saturday just for the sake of it. Should a Coffee (as I know you must starve the day away to fully enjoy that buffet at Stage West) be on your agenda on Saturday, let me know and I will see if I can round up a Calgary-vette or two as the day is suppose to be awesome ā€¦ Spence ā€¦

That sounds like fun. Not sure if I will have time between car inspection, spa, hotel check in and Stage West at 6:00 but I sure appreciate the invite! I see you are familiar with the massive buffet haha! Need an extra couple of work outs to compensate. If you do end up rounding up a couple of vettes, certainly let me know and we'll try for a pit stop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread