HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Hey guys... interesting thing has happened the last few times I've taken the car on the highway. Maybe this issue has always been there but just noticed because I hadn't driven the car so often on the highway before???

After about an hour on the highway at cruising speeds this is what happens...

If I apply 1/4 throttle while still in 6th (about 2100rpm or ~120k) the car stumbles... kind feels like its choking. No error codes or notifications.

If I down shift to 5th... all ok. If I'm going faster in 6th... say 2400rpm or ~140 it doesn't do anything wrong. No issues at all around town or under "spirited" acceleration.

Could this be something like the MAF causing this issue? Or should I try getting it re-tuned again.

Check my profile for mods to the car. It is cammed with a VRX5 cam.

Thanks!!!

Hey guys... interesting thing has happened the last few times I've taken the car on the highway. Maybe this issue has always been there but just noticed because I hadn't driven the car so often on the highway before???

After about an hour on the highway at cruising speeds this is what happens...

If I apply 1/4 throttle while still in 6th (about 2100rpm or ~120k) the car stumbles... kind feels like its choking. No error codes or notifications.

If I down shift to 5th... all ok. If I'm going faster in 6th... say 2400rpm or ~140 it doesn't do anything wrong. No issues at all around town or under "spirited" acceleration.

Could this be something like the MAF causing this issue? Or should I try getting it re-tuned again.

Check my profile for mods to the car. It is cammed with a VRX5 cam.

Thanks!!!

Tony , this is actually a common issue with cam cars . There is air turbulence that is messing with the maf . Now it can be tuned out , but your tuner need's to be in the car with his software running . The other thing would be to use a screen in front of the maf to straighten out the air flow . That isssue has always been there , you are just seeing it now .

Hope that helps :D

Users who are viewing this thread