Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
I went to C.T. to get some softener salt. 2 20KG bags fit nicely in the trunk.
A nice conversation with a fellow when I was getting gas. The C8 is his and his wife's dream car. Told him about the long lineups to get one. etc.
Anyway, on my way back a pick-up pulls beside me at a stop sign and says he just got a C8. He asks to pull over to chat. Turns out he (I believe if I remember correctly) sponsors the Pinty's series champion Jason Hathaway team. He owns Choko originals. Home - Choko Authentic Apparel
He has a Torch red 3LT with ground effects. Nice guy. I told him about this forum so I hope he joins up.

Edit: I had the wrong driver.

Last edited:
I was in Stouffville yesterday, parked, waiting for my wife. A new C8 white convertible parked beside me. Finally I get to see one close and in real life. I had a nice chat with the young driver. Gorgeous car. He was telling me how much faster the launch control is over his Porsche Cayman. Also said he had a few small issues with the car but all is good now. I better start saving my pennies ... wait, they don't make them any more. :oops:

I was in Stouffville yesterday, parked, waiting for my wife. A new C8 white convertible parked beside me. Finally I get to see one close and in real life. I had a nice chat with the young driver. Gorgeous car. He was telling me how much faster the launch control is over his Porsche Cayman. Also said he had a few small issues with the car but all is good now. I better start saving my pennies ... wait, they don't make them any more. :oops:
You were almost at my place! I'm only ten minutes from Stouffville.

My CT story from Friday. Came out and there was a gentleman parked a couple of spaces away leaning on his pickup obviously waiting for my return from the store.
Big smile on his face and we started a 15 minute conversation on the car. He has a C3 and was so excited to finally see a C8 HTC up close. Asked if he could take some pictures and while taking the pics a lady drove up and asked if she could take some pics as well. Wanted to show her husband what he's NOT getting for Christmas!
Others have commented and its true, give yourself more time when going out to pick up some items, always someone around that wants to talk about the car.

Maybe just as painful.
There shouldn't be any pain in getting a tooth pulled. Here's my tip: When he freezes your gums, comes back if a few minutes and presses on your face and and asks if you can feel this, say "OUCH! Yes I can..." He will freeze some more, come back again and press again. Say OUCH once more, and he will stick some more freezing in. Trust me. You won't feel any pain for about three days after... Of course, Your ears, nose, forehead and most of your neck will also be numb for three days as well.... :rofl:

Yeah.... I definitely missed it... you sure maybe they weren't just combing their hair...scratching an itch...or swatting at a mosquito? :Biggrin:

Attachments

• wave.png
    wave.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 23
There shouldn't be any pain in getting a tooth pulled. Here's my tip: When he freezes your gums, comes back if a few minutes and presses on your face and and asks if you can feel this, say "OUCH! Yes I can..." He will freeze some more, come back again and press again. Say OUCH once more, and he will stick some more freezing in. Trust me. You won't feel any pain for about three days after... Of course, Your ears, nose, forehead and most of your neck will also be numb for three days as well.... :rofl:
I have a better tip. I have terrible anxiety when going to the dentist for something worse than just a small filling. I used to go to a dentist/ butcher when I was a kid. Last time I had a root canal the dentist prescribed a tiny little pill that knocked me on my ass. Take it an hour before the appointment and someone has to drive you there and back. Totally relaxes you and its like you are in a dream state and feel nothing while the dentist is working on you. Its called Triazolam 25mg. Your doctor or dentist can prescribe it for you. Trust me this is a life saver. Especially if you are prone to high blood pressure or anxiety. Someone said its the Bill Cosby drug of choice. LOL. Seriously it is amazing. Go home after and have the best sleep of your life.

Wear a very absorbent bib when you try to drink anything.

I have an authentic C.T. receipt from 1980 that shows $6 for parts, $30 for labour and $115 for a police officer inspection. They still do that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.