Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
I don't want this to turn into a bash thread, but have there been any modifications done to a Corvette that made you look twice? I wouldn't bring this up except for a picture I stumbled upon last night. I guess an El Camino wasn't good enough and they wanted an El Vettemino. I could not imagine how much time it would take to perform that transformation. Although not to my taste, they certainly have some amazing talent.

Attachments

• Corvette_C4_2.jpg
    Corvette_C4_2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 30
I don't want this to turn into a bash thread, but have there been any modifications done to a Corvette that made you look twice? I wouldn't bring this up except for a picture I stumbled upon last night. I guess an El Camino wasn't good enough and they wanted an El Vettemino. I could not imagine how much time it would take to perform that transformation. Although not to my taste, they certainly have some amazing talent.

It's actually not badly done considering. :rofl:

Well it's not exactly the image that comes to mind when I think "Corvette", though I do respect the thought and effort that went into creating it and the quality of workmanship shown. Maybe it's an "acquired taste". :coolgleam:
Realistically, it is no more unjustified than a Cadillac pickup or a Lincoln pickup; both of which have had me scratching my head since they first appeared. GM and Ford were both apparently trying to answer a question that nobody was asking.
EL Camino and Ranchero car/trucks (in BC they're registered as trucks) made slightly more sense as they were targetted more toward the "working man".
I can't picture anyone who has a Cadillac Escalade EXT or a Lincoln Blackwood using it to haul Navvi Jack or cords of firewood. :nono:
But I did know an apprentice brick-layer who, in 1966, bought a new El Camino with the 396 engine option (it was a beautiful vehicle) then proceeded to throw, yes throw!!!, bricks into the unlined, unprotected box. More money than brains!:mad:
Corvette "enhancements" that don't appeal to me are Corvette limousines and jacked-up "vettes with 4x4 running gear. :eek:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.