Not looking for a race school just a good lesson on all the features and setting up and enjoying a C8.
Many many MANY!
CTMP has several club events. Car clubs all over Ontario with driving courses.
Google is your friend. :)

Reactions: pozi240
Mosport also has events and Calabogie too, I believe.
What part of Ontario do you and your Corvette inhabit DCV1?
Yes. Have raced (2 wheels) and attended many lapping events at CMP (Calabogie) over the years. Lots of local car clubs host events at tracks throughout Ontario. A lot of them are open events so as Murray pointed out Google is your friend.

• Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
I live in Horseshoe Valley north of Barrie.
and I tried Google but could not see anything of specific use in October.
Wasaga Beach Corvette club is likely your best source of information in your area

Not looking for a race school just a good lesson on all the features and setting up and enjoying a C8.
By the way, CTMP (Mosport) Has the Ron Fellows Driving Experience school and they have a few C8's. It's not cheap, but their instructors can teach any level you want. Yes, it is a racing school, but you will learn so much about your car there.

In the spirit of good Corvette Camaraderie, I just ended up buying my Wife a Corvette of her own. Let her learn all about it. Then tell me everything that she found out. Why not … she’s gonna comment as a navigator in my Corvette regardless. 😂
Ends up that she knows more about the “creature comfort electronics” like cell phone set up, than I care to store into my memory.
We both took advantage of Ron Fellows COS (not a race school for the initial visit) and that was the best “Corvette option” and a hellova lot of fun. Worth every exchange-rate penny that we spent toward both Corvettes.

Last edited:
Many good responses for training, I would only add that forgiving tracks are a great place to learn with a lower risk of regret. Mosport and Calabogie are excellent tracks but as the speeds come up so do the risks. Flat open tracks like Shannonville are not nearly as exciting but offer a much safer training ground.

Many good responses for training, I would only add that forgiving tracks are a great place to learn with a lower risk of regret. Mosport and Calabogie are excellent tracks but as the speeds come up so do the risks. Flat open tracks like Shannonville are not nearly as exciting but offer a much safer training ground.
Mosports development track is a nice safe track also.

• Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.