Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
All that I read about the PITA it is to install was absolutely true. The hardest part was getting the stock shroud out of it's cavity without disassembling the whole front end or removing the condensing unit for the AC. There are actually only 2 small 7 mm screws holding the bottom of the shroud. The real challenge was removing the plastic push retainers. They are really hard to get out, because there is not much clearance to push them out from the back, so they have to be pryed out from the front, which was no easy task. :swear: Once the stock shroud was finally removed, the pre cut replacement shroud was also a pain to get in, but I must say it was easier than taking the old one out. The retainers are much easier to install in the new shroud. If I were to do this again, I would just cut out the stock shroud using the template. Live and learn. If I ever want to put the stock shroud back in, I will remove the AC condensing unit and the radiator, so there is some wiggle room to work. From start to finish, it took roughly 5 hours to complete...yeah I know, you can all do it in less time..that's what I thought as well :eek:
Although it was a long tedious task, the CAI fit like a glove, and it looks really nice. I can't wait to try it out :driving:

All that I read about the PITA it is to install was absolutely true. The hardest part was getting the stock shroud out of it's cavity without disassembling the whole front end or removing the condensing unit for the AC. There are actually only 2 small 7 mm screws holding the bottom of the shroud. The real challenge was removing the plastic push retainers. They are really hard to get out, because there is not much clearance to push them out from the back, so they have to be pryed out from the front, which was no easy task. :swear: Once the stock shroud was finally removed, the pre cut replacement shroud was also a pain to get in, but I must say it was easier than taking the old one out. The retainers are much easier to install in the new shroud. If I were to do this again, I would just cut out the stock shroud using the template. Live and learn. If I ever want to put the stock shroud back in, I will remove the AC condensing unit and the radiator, so there is some wiggle room to work. From start to finish, it took roughly 5 hours to complete...yeah I know, you can all do it in less time..that's what I thought as well :eek:
Although it was a long tedious task, the CAI fit like a glove, and it looks really nice. I can't wait to try it out :driving:

I hate to do this to you ,but I install them in under an hour :D
Practice I guess . ......I cut the shroud right in the car , nothing to take apart this way .

You will love your Vararam .

Thx
[email protected]

I hate to do this to you ,but I install them in under an hour :D
Practice I guess . ......I cut the shroud right in the car , nothing to take apart this way .

You will love your Vararam .

Thx
[email protected]

If it works as good as it looks, I'm sure I will love it. :D :agree: I learned the hard way that cutting the shroud would be the way to go. On my next vette, I'll do it this way..but I still won't be able to do it in your time frame. too many Tim breaks :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.