Feb 11, 2010
London, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 z06
If you could buy your dream home but it backed onto an Indian reservation would you do it? besides future resale what other things are there to worry about? I'm no lawyer... can the Indians grab your land? Not sure what the precedent is.

I'm not worried so much about living next to the reserve...
1) I have a gun license
2)

50 acres of land (40 workable and rented), 50x50 shed, 3 car garage, 3500-3900 sqr foot ranch everything finished top notch.

Anywhere else this is a 800k+ property... I can get it for less than half of that... ahh the pain.

The beancounter in me wants to buy it, the sensible/cautious man says are you nuts.

the price of a commodity is only truly determined by what someone is willing to pay for it. If it is truly listed at HALF the surrounding properties and:

1. It has not already sold or
2. You still have reservations then,

the property is truly still not worth the asking price!! :)

Just an intereting perspective.

the price of a commodity is only truly determined by what someone is willing to pay for it. If it is truly listed at HALF the surrounding properties and:

1. It has not already sold or
2. You still have reservations then,

the property is truly still not worth the asking price!! :)

Just an intereting perspective.

/me passes the beancounter hat to HLN A55.

My wife kiboshed the idea.... so no need to worry. lol.

no new house = more mod money!

Calgary has a reservation basically in the SW city limits. There are vagrants that come wandering once in a while. However, where are the "Civilized" or lived in areas? Are they nearby?

On the North side of the glenmore resevoir, there is/was a huge low rent (for them free, for us, very little) apartment complex. Once in a while stories of drunk guys, innocent, but drunk.
On the south side, there were nicer calgary homes, and I haven't heard as many vagrant stories. had a friend live 2 blocks or less from it. FWIW. House prices really weren't that affected, because it affects so many.

Sounds like quite the place,we could only dream about getting a place even close to that for under one mil in the Calgary area.We do have a few reserves around here but they dont seem to influence the real estate prices around them.

Speaking of the Calgary area,we allmost bought a place in a subdivision 10mins west of town called Redwood meadows.its just beautiful there,just before the mountains.Turns out the land there is on a 70year lease (due in 2049) from the Indians,you dont own the land...just the house,did not take me long to forget about living there.

There are no problems living there,everybody i talked to loves it,but the beancounter in me wants to own the land .

Well... While I make no claims to a professional beancounter designation, I don have a few that work in my charge lol. There are beautiful areas and questionable areas of every city or area and each city has its mean property price. unfortunately, salaries do not seem to vary so much. I have no idea how someone in vancouver gets by on (for example) a 100k/yr salary in comparison to someone in Alberta or Saskatchewan!!!
[mob][/mob]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread