I couldn't believe the difference in quality between the MGW and the OEM shifter. The OEM feels and looks like it was made from tin foil compared to the MGW. Unfortunately so are many of the mass produced parts in these cars. I love the car, and I understand that GM has to keep costs down, but after replacing so many parts with after market parts, and seeing such a huge difference in quality, I think I would have paid an extra $5,000 for the car and had better quality parts. I'm sure GM would be able to get better quality pieces much cheaper then I could, given their volume and purchasing power. Enjoy your ride.

Yes.

Or would you pay an extra $10 or 15K to get a Z06? That's what is great about these cars, is that you can make whatever you want. I completely agree with aftermarket parts on any car to make it better. It does. You don't know how tempted I am to buy a 16 or 17 Stingray and build it to literally sting. Tempted as I may be though, I don't have that budget.

Reactions: Vanguard2001
So I am a boob with serious mechanical issues. Can a ham fisted, semi-literate, troglodyte install the MGW shifter or should I leave it to those higher up the evolutionary ladder?

YouTube is your friend. Yes you can do it.
The instructions are crystal clear.
Let me know how you did as I’m doing mine in August. Haha
Actually there are a number of guys here who installed the shifters themselves and said it was easy.
The C6 instructions I saw were excellent right down to the alignment.
Basic tools and away you go. 👍

• Agree
Reactions: turbozig
When taking the IP cluster out of our Corvette, I took my laptop right down to the garage and had it on the seat beside me so that I could advance the video with every step. Piece of cake. I was amazed at how easy it was to take the cluster out. The old Chevelles where a whole other story. Not all the new stuff is bad and complicated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.