If you go into the menu there will be sound management which I would presume only an NPP exhaust equipped car would have, otherwise you could try turning the mode selector and see if the sound changes??

If you go into the menu there will be sound management which I would presume only an NPP exhaust equipped car would have, otherwise you could try turning the mode selector and see if the sound changes??
Unfortunately, this is NOT the case. My "given to me" (by my kids for as a retirement gift) 2019 M7 Stingray (non-Z51) does have a setting for Exhaust Sound Management a.k.a. NPP. But my 'Ray doesn't have the NPP system - darn it. My oldest son said they were considering including it when they ordered the car in 2018, but decided I was too old and wouldn't appreciate the louder exhaust. Well, despite the "too old" crack, I still wasn't going to look a gift Corvette in the mouth, so to speak.

Reactions: 12cents and Dik
Unfortunately, this is NOT the case. My "given to me" (by my kids for as a retirement gift) 2019 M7 Stingray (non-Z51) does have a setting for Exhaust Sound Management a.k.a. NPP. But my 'Ray doesn't have the NPP system - darn it. My oldest son said they were considering including it when they ordered the car in 2018, but decided I was too old and wouldn't appreciate the louder exhaust. Well, despite the "too old" crack, I still wasn't going to look a gift Corvette in the mouth, so to speak.
Interesting - so when you go into the setting does it also give you the option to pick the exhaust sound setting even though there is no NPP?

Interesting - so when you go into the setting does it also give you the option to pick the exhaust sound setting even though there is no NPP?
It does allow me to ”change” the exhaust note, but IT LIES! The exhaust sound stays the same.

I suspect that Generous Motors likely wanted to reduce the complexity of another programme package to upload, and possibly avoid issues such as putting an incorrect control module into a vehicle which would require that option. After all, I can “switch it” to higher performance on my car and nothing changes (unless I convince myself that it’s different) with no harm done to my vehicle, but if it wasn’t available on a Grand Sport or Z06 etc., they’d sure have some explaining to do, plus extra expense to rectify if it remained quiet.

LLC

Reactions: Mad*Max
It does allow me to ”change” the exhaust note, but IT LIES! The exhaust sound stays the same.

I suspect that Generous Motors likely wanted to reduce the complexity of another programme package to upload, and possibly avoid issues such as putting an incorrect control module into a vehicle which would require that option. After all, I can “switch it” to higher performance on my car and nothing changes (unless I convince myself that it’s different) with no harm done to my vehicle, but if it wasn’t available on a Grand Sport or Z06 etc., they’d sure have some explaining to do, plus extra expense to rectify if it remained quiet.

LLC

So much for applying logic!

Actually got all this information last year from the museum when I ordered my Built sheet, included all the options, dealer whom placed order, etc.
Does anyone have the contact info for the museum. I would like to get my Built sheet, including all the options, dealer whom placed order, etc. Any help would be great...

Jeff

Does anyone have the contact info for the museum. I would like to get my Built sheet, including all the options, dealer whom placed order, etc. Any help would be great...

Jeff
Hi Jeff, am a museum member and got my build sheet done from them , our car is a 2018 and they did a great job, also got it laminated. Rex

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.