HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Well I've been looking and getting ready to replace my soon to be departed company truck... the last 4 years were awesome :) Until I get deployed again to the actual construction site, i'll need to use my own personal vehicle again.

I was digging around and I think I must be missing something. I've been looking on Kijiji at used vehicles here in Canada and searching dealer web sites throughout the US for a used truck... Low km's is a must. I don't want someone else's issues.

I must be missing something but I don't seem to be seeing all that much of a savings so far. Does anyone have any better sites to review for used vehicles? I immediately saw a savings of $15 thousand on a brand new Tundra full full load (nav/dvd included) but certainly have only found minimal differences on used trucks.

Can anyone offer their 2 cents?

Thanks

Minimal difference on used in the retail market (autotrader,e-bay.ect),i have a dealers licence and belong to a huge network of dealer only auctions,i have attended several US auctions and on later model used trucks there is not much savings,certain vehicals you can save some big $$ on,Cadillac escalades,Corvettes,and GMC Denali pickups i find can be a bargain.Toyota Tundras are harder to find,not many sold new, so less of a used market on them,they too can be a good deal due to their not so hot quality or reputation(the recall king in pickups).

Let me know what type of truck (1/2 ton,gas,diesel,ect) you are looking at,i can pull selling prices from all over the us and canada to get a idea,part of our family business is run out of Cour d' Alene Idaho,we import lots of machienry from there.

My Dad bought a brand new 08 GMC 3/4 ton Diesel from the states,he saved about $9,000 over a Canadian truck,but it has since become more dificult to bring a brand new truck over,Dad's warranty was void as well.
Feel free to ask me if you have ay questions.

Last edited:
Join message boards for truck websites... you can find a great truck where someone cares about it as much as you love your Corvette.

Nice thing is you can see post history and see if their vehicle had problems before they listed for sale.

Minimal difference on used in the retail market (autotrader,e-bay.ect),i have a dealers licence and belong to a huge network of dealer only auctions,i have attended several US auctions and on later model used trucks there is not much savings,certain vehicals you can save some big $$ on,Cadillac escalades,Corvettes,and GMC Denali pickups i find can be a bargain.Toyota Tundras are harder to find,not many sold new, so less of a used market on them,they too can be a good deal due to their not so hot quality or reputation(the recall king in pickups).

Let me know what type of truck (1/2 ton,gas,diesel,ect) you are looking at,i can pull selling prices from all over the us and canada to get a idea,part of our family business is run out of Cour d' Alene Idaho,we import lots of machienry from there.

My Dad bought a brand new 08 GMC 3/4 ton Diesel from the states,he saved about $9,000 over a Canadian truck,but it has since become more dificult to bring a brand new truck over,Dad's warranty was void as well.
Feel free to ask me if you have ay questions.

Well that is fantastic help!!! Basically, I should be losing my company truck around July I would say. If I don't have the right truck before then, I'll finish off the summer driving the vette.

I suppose I'm, of my own admission, a difficult fellow to help at the moment. My target was to either get something at a great price with low miles used or force myself to buy new. I only used the Tundra as an example because when transferring from the US, the new vehicle warranty stays in tact. My brother in-law brought one back 2 years ago brand new from Seattle to Calgary without any issues.

I really am a Chevy guy but it seems in comparison that the rear seat room and in general that the cabin space is smaller than in the Ford or Toyota. I'm not really a Dodge guy... the saying "It's got a Hemi", drives me to drink.

Basically a 1/2 ton, gas, quad cab, 4x4... closer to the full load side of the scale, (DVD/NAV optional).

If you can give me even an idea even of the market pricing, i can see if the market is at least matching my expectations vs new??

Thanks again!!!

Tony

Here are some examples,
These are dealer auction prices for the US,all the trucks are full lux quad cabs (4 door)
2009 GMC Denali, 11k miles $40,500
2009 Ford King Ranch Supercrew 28k miles $31,000
2010 Toyota Tundra Limited Crewmax 14k miles $35,250

And some canadian prices for you,i noticed the prices to be LOWER in our part of the country! (alberta and BC)
08 GMC Denali 67,000 kms $25,300
09 Ford F150 king ranch supercrew 28,000 kms $32,500 (sold in edm)
08 Tundra crewmax LTD 43,000 kms $33,800
Not much difference in the used market between Can and the US.

Wow I really appreciate the input. Its good that I want totally crazy :). I just didn't see the used market savings that everyone was talking about. The pricing of the 2 GM's and the Fords is testament for sure to that! Were these auction prices on the canadian units?

Thanks again!
[mob][/mob]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.