Garmin.

I have installed a couple of Kenwood units in my GM company trucks over the years. Streaming, satellite radio, built-in equalizer, sub-woofer amp, USB, yeah, they can do it all too but the main reason why I went with Kenwood is the Garmin GPS. My phone is not insight when I drive. Back then I had Blackberry so all apps were totally operational via the Kenwood (even the OEM units) interface. I never had to "start" or "close" an app with my BB in my hand. It was truly seamless. (Android can learn lots from BB ....)

Over many years I was travelling across the western provinces on business visiting customer sites, offices, small towns, etc. Then add in thousands of kilometers of highways and back-country gravel roads for personal purposes; exploration, camping, hiking, photography, river fishing I always found the Garmin accurate and the simplest navigation system to use.

That said, I did experience a really serious issue with one Kenwood unit. It had a fatal memory error which rendered the entire unit useless. I had it repaired under warranty but that was a painful experience.

Crazy to say this but if I was to upgrade my (now long gone) C6 it was going to be to a Kenwood unit.

:Cheers2:

OMG....Another BB fan.... Thought I was the only one left.... lol...

Rruuff I knew you were a BB guy. That makes at least two crotchety old f*rts in this community. :Biggrin:

Rruuff ... You better sit down for what I'm going to tell you; once I made the commitment (in sickness, in health, bla bla bla...) to this Samsung .... "toy" I poured 3 oz of straight Crown, walked my BB buddy out to the garage and drove a nail right through its CPU. Fast and painless. :Angelsad2: It was a very sad day indeed and I miss her a bunch. I've checked the BB website many times over the past 12 months and even considered buying a BB (... must ... have ... a ... soft ... keyboard...) from India but alas, they will not work in North America.

Good bye Z30 I'll never forget you .... :Cryin:

Now back to the OP; pssst, go Kenwood/Garmin.

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Rruuff I knew you were a BB guy. That makes at least two crotchety old f*rts in this community. :Biggrin:

Rruuff ... You better sit down for what I'm going to tell you; once I made the commitment (in sickness, in health, bla bla bla...) to this Samsung .... "toy" I poured 3 oz of straight Crown, walked my BB buddy out to the garage and drove a nail right through its CPU. Fast and painless. :Angelsad2: It was a very sad day indeed and I miss her a bunch. I've checked the BB website many times over the past 12 months and even considered buying a BB (... must ... have ... a ... soft ... keyboard...) from India but alas, they will not work in North America.

Good bye Z30 I'll never forget you .... :Cryin:

Now back to the OP; pssst, go Kenwood/Garmin.

I feel your pain.... Pixel Android since October.... Hate it... Have a BB Z10 that's like new in my desk drawer looking for a home..... lol... :angelic:

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
I added an 8" powered sub to my Pioneer unit in the past 2 months. Once i figured out the balance and tone it actually rounds out the sound very nicely and gives the audio base when the top is down. Hides away nicely behind the waterfall under the soft top enclosure. Very happy wihtt he Pioneer deck, original Bose amps, door speakers and powered sub.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann and Dik
Currently my car has original (stock) navigation unit and HUD. If I change the head unit with a one that has navigation will the turning instructions still show on the HUD?

I just had a new sony installed. You would be very happy. Android auto and mates to bose systems. 10 out of 10 on ease of use. That was a big deal for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.