So I'm back from my 10 day trek of western BC. Impressions as follows. I don't mean to offend any locals there we only stayed a few days in each town. Not enough to get a sense of anything other than the superficial.

Tofino - seasonal party town, lots of youngsters. Really beautiful place. Nice places to eat. A little too small and seasonal for my liking. Rough to get to on that single road which was half under construction.
Nanaimo - wasteland of a downtown area. Beautiful houses with views in some parts (north). Bigger town with amenities.
Vernon - really gorgeous housing along the lake. Small town. Friendly people. I liked it a lot.
Penticton - really really sleepy. Lots more shops/commerce. Again nice housing in some areas.

We visited Kamloops, Kelowna, Peachland and a variety of small towns along the way. Overall I'm really liking the Okanagan area. Roads are amazing. We got lucky with the weather, didn't rain once until we got to Vancity at the end.

Housing prices by comparison to TO are cheaper. Hard to believe for some but things are ridiculous out here. I'm definitely gravitating towards lake country. The towns are close enough to each other that picking one becomes more of a housing preference than a fixed choice. Lots of vette traffic was witnessed.

Was a good trip.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.