I was on delivery yesterday and stepped out of the van when all of a sudden BAM! :eek: Holy crap, what a wipeout. I scraped my back against the step to the van and ended up in a puddle...WTF! :eek:

I then proceeded to drive back to the warehouse. I was dizzy and passed out in traffic, knocking me upside down in between the driver and passenger seats. Luckily I felt it coming on and put it in park.

A cop who was supervising a construction job called an ambulance for me while I tried to stop my head from spinning.

The paramedics checked me out and sent me on my way. I don't know which hurts more the scrape from the van, the falling on the ground or knocking my head against the floor. :(

To top it all off I woke up this morning with the flu.

Things can only get better, right? :D

Les

Hey Les. That sucks hope you feel better soon.

I kind of know how you feel. On Sunday morning I fell down about a dozen stairs. We were up north at a lodge, I was going down to start up the snowmobile and took a couple of steps and wham I went the rest of the way on my back. Thank god they were wooden stairs and gave a bit under my fat ass.
Still a bit sore but I bounced quite well for a guy who is about to hit the big 50 :D

Holy universe Les! That just blows big time. Happened to me about 6 years ago only a tore all of my quadriceps' tendons in my right leg. I ended spending 2 weeks in the hospital. Judging by your description, yours could have ended up far worse had it not been for your quick actions to park it.

Best wishes and feel better soon. Things can only get better.

Les hope you're feeling better!

Gotta find some shoes that work like Blizzaks. I've got some shoe chains made by Yak Trak for dog training. But I want something that gives good traction on ice....got 2 plates/14 screws in my right leg.

Les is made out of sturdy stuff. Glad you weren't hurt too seriously, Les.

So, do you know what women want yet? Or do you see dead people? Any special abilities at all? Why does that only happen in the movies....

Les hope you're feeling better!

Gotta find some shoes that work like Blizzaks. I've got some shoe chains made by Yak Trak for dog training. But I want something that gives good traction on ice....got 2 plates/14 screws in my right leg.

Wow. Nice splint. What the heck happened that warranted that?

Skiis. Atomic, with racing bindings. I'm too old for that. DIN was too high; not calculated right at ski shop. Binding never released.

Get your bindings checked!

Took my ski off; 4 guys held me down and they straightened my foot. Got my attention!

Did it in late March. Started physio in mid August. Had to learn to walk again.

Learned a lot from the experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread