Jul 28, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Corvette
Province
NS
Would it be possible to implement something like this?

Something sinilar to “ignore user”, except the whole thread instead of a user?

I’m not trying to suggest we be “anti-social”, but sometimes, a thread gets a little out of hand and I’d prefer to just not see it at all...or have it keep “popping up” in “new threads” when a couple guys get themselves locked into a “tiffand can’t let go....

If it’s not “do-able” or too difficult, thats cool. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

;)

Reactions: ccltj

I’m not trying to suggest we be “anti-social”, but sometimes, a thread gets a little out of hand and I’d prefer to just not see it at all...or have it keep “popping up” in “new threads” when a couple guys get themselves locked into a “tiffand can’t let go....

If it’s not “do-able” or too difficult, thats cool. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

;)

I'll look into it. Not a bad idea.

Along those lines, would it be possible to “ignore” specific sub-forums?

For example: i don’t really have much interest or anything to add/offer in the C5/6/7/8 forums. The C8 forum especially really “clogs up” the “new posts” search results.

I get that guys are excited about the C8, thats only natural, especially if you are ordering one. But it seems I can’t open the main forum “new posts” without getting bombarded by C8 posts, of which some are just pointless reposting or news article after news article. I’m sure the “intensity” of posting is only going to increase in the next 6 months or so as well.

It gets old after a while (if you’re only mildly interested in the C8) and it would be nice if a person could turn it off, even if just for a couple days and then turn it back on again should they want to.

That might be asking too much though. I’ve never seen a feature like that on any forum...,

Or maybe a way to select a persistent “mark as read” option for specific sub-forums?

That would keep the forum open/visible if you wanted to go into it, but would also keep them out of the “new posts”, if (for whatever reason) you didn’t want to see results from those specific sub-forums...

Or maybe a way to select a persistent “mark as read” option for specific sub-forums?

That would keep the forum open if you wanted to go into it, but would also keep them out of the “new posts”, if (for whatever reason) you didn’t want to see results from those specific sub-forums...

So quick answer is that you can do this already by using the Filters found in the other New Posts view, simply check off the forums you're interested in and it'll show only new posts from there.

Reactions: RockyPM
So quick answer is that you can do this already by using the Filters found in the other New Posts view, simply check off the forums you're interested in and it'll show only new posts from there.

Hmmm, either I'm doing something wrong or the "filters" don't work as per.

I selected what I want to see and it still shows all the sub forums when selecting "new posts".

It seems the filters aren't "persistent" and only apply if you are on the filter selection page. I was refering to something that would be persistent n what is shown when hitting "new posts".

;)

I was under the distinct impression you liked me

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Hmmm, either I'm doing something wrong or the "filters" don't work as per.

I selected what I want to see and it still shows all the sub forums when selecting "new posts".

It seems the filters aren't "persistent" and only apply if you are on the filter selection page. I was refering to something that would be persistent n what is shown when hitting "new posts".

Sorry I should have elaborated. You can persist them with the filter menu. Select the forums you want to get new content for using the dynamic menu on the side. Hit the filter menu that shows up in the filter bar. Scroll down through a million prefixes that you may want to filter by also. At the bottom there's a checkbox to save as default. Select that and hit filter.

Keep in mind just found a bug with that feature (in that once you save it you can never remove the final filter should you wish to go back), will be fixed so more of a heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread