Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Hi Guys. As I peruse the many photos on this site, I really like the side skirts and splitter look that my car does not have. I would like to look into getting some, but have no idea where to look. It seems that there are tons of places in the US that sell them, but I would like to stay within Canada, and if at all possible, Alberta. Also, I have seen other posts suggesting that these items might be bolt on, so DIY type of job...is this accurate, or do I need a body shop to install properly?

I am trying to remember the most recent installs that members have done. I found the C7 rather interesting for DIY and have successfully swapped out the 5 exterior vents ... have not got to a splitter myself but pretty sure my hunt would be outside the province. Thinking but could be wrong that our member in Golden BC did this not too long ago 🤔 Hunting for a thread ...

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
Hi Guys. As I peruse the many photos on this site, I really like the side skirts and splitter look that my car does not have. I would like to look into getting some, but have no idea where to look. It seems that there are tons of places in the US that sell them, but I would like to stay within Canada, and if at all possible, Alberta. Also, I have seen other posts suggesting that these items might be bolt on, so DIY type of job...is this accurate, or do I need a body shop to install properly?

My skirts came from ACS and my poverty splitter came from my GM dealer. If you're up for painting yourself, the GM poverty splitter is less than $200.00. It's purely for looks as it's not an aerodynamic splitter. I painted both my skirts and my splitter and installed them myself. It's pretty easy installation once you get over the fear of drilling that first hole in your baby. If you order from ACS, and don't have them already, get their front splash guards as well. They extend a half inch lower than the GM guards and protect the front lip of the skirts from road rash.

DSCN9890 (2).JPG

My skirts came from ACS and my poverty splitter came from my GM dealer. If you're up for painting yourself, the GM poverty splitter is less than $200.00. It's purely for looks as it's not an aerodynamic splitter. I painted both my skirts and my splitter and installed them myself. It's pretty easy installation once you get over the fear of drilling that first hole in your baby. If you order from ACS, and don't have them already, get their front splash guards as well. They extend a half inch lower than the GM guards and protect the front lip of the skirts from road rash.

View attachment 41513
I just watched a video on how to install the side skirts...looks super easy, which is good for folks like myself. I checked out ACS's website and see they have the "textured black" and the "carbon flash black paint". I assume the textured black would not need painting. I would like the carbon flash paint, but might not blend in, as I have no other carbon flash on my car.

sure you do. air intake on the hood, side slashes, rear vents rear lower bumper.... the textured need paint to spruce them up...
Really? I thought the "carbon flash" look looked like that sort of "checkered" pattern. I just looked at my air in take, etc, and it seems to be glossy/ metallic fleck black. Is that "carbon flash"? Sorry for the silly question...i'm still learning. :D

Get the carbon flash,,it matches perfectly and looks great.
It took me about 3 hours to install the side skirts.
You do need a good pop rivet gun.

May as well add the splash guards from GM while you are at it.
Front...22935635
Rear...22935639

about $86.00 each set.

Poverty GM splitter is 22922352, about $150.00

Last edited:
ACS zero 7 side skirts and GM's front splitter as others have stated. I used self tapping steel screws for the side skirts, about 1/2 inch in length. It saved from drilling the holes for the rivets and 5 years later, have held up without any problems.

This is Real Exposed Carbon Fibre ... the most expensive. There is a lesser expensive Hydro Carbon Fibre version too that looks the same.
The black metallic would be Carbon Flash.
For GM parts, use the online GMParts or go into Northgate in YEG and see Cory in Parts and tell him Spence (the guy from Calgary)sent you ... the price should be better. 😁👍🏻

235B3DEE-021D-4A20-A33E-25B705C40270.jpeg
23E07AA4-AF99-4272-A0CE-18B5DFC0190F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
This is Real Exposed Carbon Fibre ... the most expensive. There is a lesser expensive Hydro Carbon Fibre version too.
The black metallic would be Carbon Flash.
For GM parts, use the online GMParts or go into Northgate in YEG and see Cory in Parts and tell him Spence (the guy from Calgary)sent you ... the price will be better. 😁👍🏻

View attachment 41515View attachment 41516
Ahh, I see. That looks great! That what I thought Carbon Fiber was, but I guess that’s the difference in “exposed” carbon fiber? Mine is just metallic flakey looking.

Ahh, I see. That looks great! That what I thought Carbon Fiber was, but I guess that’s the difference in “exposed” carbon fiber? Mine is just metallic flakey looking.
My bad ... easy stuff to show you in person ... working on getting my vette up to Pigeon Lake so that I can hook up with you. Cabin work always needs a truck ... darn.

I have a ‘poverty’ front splitter for sale and 3/4 length side skirts (original GM) in carbon flash for sale off my 2019 Grand Sport(

I am located in British Columbia

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.