Jan 25, 2009
Saskatoon
VetteCoins
Car
hey Sask guys,

after counting 3 vettes on the road on Saturday, I plated the car and took it out on Sunday for a spin!
As I have a carburated 350, it took me maybe 6-7 cranks before the engine started showing signs of life, but couple of cranks later she started and away we went!!! man, it felt so good to drive the Vette again!!!! :D soooo good!!!

Went to the gas station to put some air in the tires, and then Circle Drive to get those fluids moving! I was pleasantly surprised to see a good number of "toys" on the road other than mine.

All I noticed was the AC needs to be re-charged and some drips on the ground after I parked for few minutes while I picked up an ice cream :rofl:

Got back home and no more drips on the ground. I think it must have been condensation (or I ran out of something! haha) as I noticed the engine hoses were a little slimmy and such.

Are you going to join soon?

Still waiting for the lake to drain in Taylors acreage....and the snow causing the lake to melt.

I'll be out after that some time.

Glad to hear you had the vette out. I think the drips could just be from dried seals and now that things are moving, they could have swelled back up. Not uncommon for an older Chevy.

This weekend was awesome. Great weather.

Still waiting for the lake to drain at Taylors acreage....and the snow causing the lake to melt.

I'll be out after that some time.

Glad to hear you had the vette out. I think the drips could just be from dried seals and now that things are moving, they could have swelled back up. Not uncommon for an older Chevy.

This weekend was awesome. Great weather.

I look forward to see you guys! hopefully you will get yours going soon. I wonder if "T" completed the work on his Power Steering?

like Riley said, I hope the dripping came from dry seals and/or some condensation, as I spent lots of time trying to get rid of those stupid leaks (although I know thats what old Chevs do) :rofl: and everything was good and dry when I stored the Vette before the winter.

I just hope gas prices dont kill us!

Ya you'll be a few weeks for sure Riley. The snow is melting way too fast and causing issues in my yard. Of course my drive way is great so I can pull my car out anytime :D. JK Mine will be a bit too.

And yes power steering hoses are done. Did it about a month ago while the ground was stil nice and frozen and not muddy. I bought a bunch of LED clearance light and tail light bulbs to try out so they can go on anytime here too.

T

After I install my headlights, replace the harmonic balancer, change all the fluids, and give it a good wash, it'll be ready to go.

This is assuming there are no mice, and the back tire did not go flat over winter....

After I install my headlights, replace the harmonic balancer, change all the fluids, and give it a good wash, it'll be ready to go.

This is assuming there are no mice, and the back tire did not go flat over winter....

WOOOHOOO!!!! Just got mine out for a spin around town today after work....Got my new mags and tires on this weekend....It was hard not to get the vette dirty with a few poddles here and there but it was worth it...Boy did that feel good....The weather is going to be rainy here for a few more days but it will give me a chance to shine it up...I will be putting pictures soon of my vette, the before and after mods done...
:D
Happy to here most of you guy's were able to take them out...:D

Good to hear that!!! here its supposed to be "not so nice" for the next couple of days, so I am also pacing myself.

So Riley, why do you need another harmonic balancer? is it one of those aftermarket ones that are supposed to give you little more HP?

I also think LATNC5 sold his Vette. I saw it last week on Kijiji saying Sale Pending...and few days later the add was gone.. I guess he will focus on that Fleetmaster of his but I think no more Vette!

Rod sold his Corvette? Is that because Brent sold his? Who will bring the hate to the meetings then?

My harmonic balancer is wobbling so I need to get a new one. I just picked a stock sized one, but it is 4 lbs lighter than the stocker and able to handle more horsepower should I wish to add some in the future.

Right now I am trying to limit any purchases strictly for horsepower and only buying things to improve that improve the "safety" of my car such as new headlights, frame rail protectors (soon) and if I could swing it, I would upgrade the brakes but that one will have to wait.

but your Vettes are ready to go right?

I will check those LED bulbs T mentioned. hmmm got me thinking.

T are they LEDs that plug directly into the regular sockets? what is the advantage? light brighter? where did you get them???

I bought them online from china just to try them. They actually look like pretty good quality considering what I paid. They are supposed to just plug in to the old sockets but we'll see. I just wanted to try to get the power draw down for night time slow moving cruizing. Two years ago while cruising on 8th for Cruise Weekend I drained the battery due to all the idling and then it wouldn't start when I stopped. I realize most of the power is headlights but these were cheap so I figured I would try.

T

Well, I THINK Rod sold his Vette, not 100% sure though. If so, his stock just went down in my books (haha kidding), and yes, no more hate.

Too bad about your balancer, but yes, I heard a good balancer gives you a little bit more power.

Thanks T, good idea !!! I will look into it!! where did you find them? eBay?

I just got the AC recharged. Dang it. Oh well, but according to me, even the smallest thing is now working on my Vette. I hope not too sink too much into it this year, some gas, some trinkets and I hope that is that!

Have the 2010 plated and a few miles on her, then it snowed again. Forecast says bring out the toy again this weekend...the '76 is still in storage, needs lots of lovin' before I can cruise with it, I think she's cranky that I got a younger model :rofl: Passenger door refuses to latch, driver power window refuses to roll up, starter refuses to engage flywheel...:swear:

Have the 2010 plated and a few miles on her, then it snowed again. Forecast says bring out the toy again this weekend...the '76 is still in storage, needs lots of lovin' before I can cruise with it, I think she's cranky that I got a younger model :rofl: Passenger door refuses to latch, driver power window refuses to roll up, starter refuses to engage flywheel...:swear:

I feel your pain. When I thought I was in the clear for this Spring, Sunday one of my power steering hoses exploted while I was driving...:swear:

So, I considered to bring a set from the US. I also remember you said in a previous post you got lazy and got them at the dealer...well, no dealer in toon town had them...so I got fabricated ones at Goodall Rubber here in Sktoon.
The only downside was they have 2 added fittings per hose which add two possible leak points...case in point: I installed them and 1 leaks...I will tighten the S*it out of it tonight and see if I can get it to stop leaking.

Yep, C3s are recognized as one of the most sex appealing Vette, but they truly truly require TLC on a regular basis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.