Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
So I'm parked at the light on Major Mac and Bathurst when a woman in a Honda van trying to make the left turn merge clipped my driver side mirror! To add insult to injury, she ran off when I caught up with her!

Finally caught up and she starts yelling at me. I calmed her down despite my urge to do something regrettable. I particularly liked it when she threatened to call the police. It would have been great for a hit and run. She had a small baby so I managed to keep it all together. They want to pay so I'm ok for now.

Sorry to read you got hit! Glad it wasn't any worse than you described, though any hit at all still hurts. :(
Nice cars always seem to have some magnetic attraction for the poor drivers and their vehicles. :confused: But drive a beater and it seems there's a force-field surrounding the car that repells everyone. :eek: Go figure! Maybe people think that whatever turned the car (or truck) into a beater is contagious; so they avoid it like a plague. :nono:
Too bad there is no such thing as a beater-'vette. If there was, I'd drive it and never have another worry! :driving:

Mirror is scraped up pretty bad. Trying to be a better person so losing it wouldn't have helped. The only thing which infuriated me was that she bolted. I had to laugh when she threatened to call the police and I reminded her that she had hit and ran twice! It calmed her down very quickly. I wonder what WN's body shop will surprise me with on Monday?

Sorry to hear that. Hit and runs are never fun...

I got hit a few months ago by an Escalade, then it took off. I gave chase and called 911 while following the car. It stopped for a while and took off again!!

Anyway, I gave the license plate to the 911 operator. They later found the owner. Went to their home and found out that the 17 yr old daughter had taken the vehicle without parents permission.

Since this was in a parking lot, I was told by the officer that she would be charged under hit & run under the CRIMINAL code instead of Highway Traffic Act. I got a call from the father that same night, offering to pay cash. Let's just say, I was taken care of... I withdrew the charges :)

Sorry to hear that. Hit and runs are never fun...

I got hit a few months ago by an Escalade, then it took off. I gave chase and called 911 while following the car. It stopped for a while and took off again!!

Anyway, I gave the license plate to the 911 operator. They later found the owner. Went to their home and found out that the 17 yr old daughter had taken the vehicle without parents permission.

Since this was in a parking lot, I was told by the officer that she would be charged under hit & run under the CRIMINAL code instead of Highway Traffic Act. I got a call from the father that same night, offering to pay cash. Let's just say, I was taken care of... I withdrew the charges :)

Funny how people change their attitude when faced with the harsh reality if the law.

... I withdrew the charges :)

Maybe it depends on the charges, but I was told that it is the police that press charges and not the victim. This way the victim cannot be bullied into dropping the charges.
This was when I had some property stolen, so I do not know how it works in other circumstances.

You are absolutely correct. The father knew this as well since he was a paralegal. He asked the cop to call me before he charged the girl. I asked the father to admit her daughter's hit and run and promise to take care of the expenses regardless of amount in writing and I would tell the cop not to charge her. I got an email with everything I asked for that same night :)

The girl was scared because she took the car without parents permission, plus she got into an accident. She had received her license 2 weeks ago. I can totally understand why she took off. And so did the cop. I did not want to screw her by having a criminal record. She made a mistake, but not big enough to have a criminal record.... in my opinion.

Well, it's good to know that even if people screw up, it can be reconciled if both parties are reasonable.

Pierre, I hope your car gets back to new condition very soon. Keep us updated on the progress.

Well, she's at Wilson-Niblett. These guys are amazing! I posted my sad story on my Facebook and Stephen Plumely (Service Manager), that night commented that I should drop by first thing in the morning and they'd have her looking like new! Now that is service. I also spoke with the woman's husband who told me that when his wife called him all distraught, he said to her "please tell me that you didn't hit a Corvette"! He seemed reasonable so we will see.

According to Stephen, I may even have her back by this afternoon.

Well, she's at Wilson-Niblett. These guys are amazing! I posted my sad story on my Facebook and Stephen Plumely (Service Manager), that night commented that I should drop by first thing in the morning and they'd have her looking like new! Now that is service. I also spoke with the woman's husband who told me that when his wife called him all distraught, he said to her "please tell me that you didn't hit a Corvette"! He seemed reasonable so we will see.

According to Stephen, I may even have her back by this afternoon.

I'm glad things are working out for you Pierre, thats great getting it back so fast. Unfortunatly i didn't have the same service like that from Stephen Plumely or WN.

The husband of the gal who hit me is definitely a cool dude! I have to share this transcript with the homies. Btw, the damage was really minor and they blew it out nicely for around $150. It was about 1/4" x 1/2".

Referring to his call to WN and the oh-so-awesome Stephen Plumley
"I left him a message to call me on my cell he was in meetings when I called. If you go to get the car and they need payment I can give the body shop my credit card over the phone or I can stop by tomorrow morning. I think I will let my wife sweat it out for another couple of hours."

I am still ROFLMFAO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread