Sep 19, 2017
Ayr Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2010 Coupe M6 Blade
Anyone have any experience with hydro dipping? Thinking about getting a Vararam CAI dipped in Carbon Fibre. Wondering how durable it is and cost. Does it look good or fake. CORSA makes a nice real Carbon Fibre one but I am told it is not as good as Vararam for performance plus it 895.00!

Thanks

Yes, I had it done to my stock air box on my Challenger. It looked too plain just in black and I opted for a brushed aluminum look. They could not do all of the small areas around the bottom so I had it painted instead. I think it cost me over $300 or something like that. It was expensive but it took a lot of work to get it the way I wanted.

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with hydro dipping? Thinking about getting a Vararam CAI dipped in Carbon Fibre. Wondering how durable it is and cost. Does it look good or fake. CORSA makes a nice real Carbon Fibre one but I am told it is not as good as Vararam for performance plus it 895.00!

Thanks

I’m looking for a good Hydro-Dipper in Calgary for my dash pieces. Any ideas info appreciated!

I would go for the real carbon. Hydro dipping looks like you don't care about your baby enough to spend money on her. I have seen it up close and believe me it does not look good. Just wait a bit longer and save and you will be rewarded.

I would go for the real carbon. Hydro dipping looks like you don't care about your baby enough to spend money on her. I have seen it up close and believe me it does not look good. Just wait a bit longer and save and you will be rewarded.
Just not sure I could afford the real thing as I’m permanently jobless for the rest of my life now and wanting to add some other stuff too. I’ll check their work before I move ahead to make sure I like it. Thanks!

I assume this is the process (above) for hydro carbon fibre parts?
I am looking for 4 carbon fibre vents for my 2016 Z51 and am struggling with 2 of them.
I can find them in "hydro carbon fibre" but I think it would bug me too much not being "true".
These are pricey little buggers - if anyone sees a true carbon fibre set, please let me know.
Thanks in advance :thumbs:
vent.jpg

Reactions: ddgermann
I assume this is the process (above) for hydro carbon fibre parts?
I am looking for 4 carbon fibre vents for my 2016 Z51 and am struggling with 2 of them.
I can find them in "hydro carbon fibre" but I think it would bug me too much not being "true".
These are pricey little buggers - if anyone sees a true carbon fibre set, please let me know.
Thanks in advance :thumbs:
View attachment 25139

These I couldn’t find in full carbon fibre Spence. Even the factory ones. I went with the Apsis ones on my last 2 Zs. They look ok. Yes they are pricey and a bit of work to install.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.